There Will be Blood 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 17, 2013 5:56 pm

DrewJ wrote:if they live in Austin they can pick them up right?

Maybe that's how they have them?
But even if the poster was available in person in Austin, wouldn't Mondo have limited purchases to ONE of the two posters per person, just as they did online? I would hope so.
mliddell
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I would think so. Every dealing I've had with them would make me think they would make it fair. Maybe some crazy software nobody knows about or he has a bunch of friends sit around and order them and he tells them he'll give them an extra $20 if he can have them.
brrrmanza
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Clones... They have folks that purchase for them/camp it like them... (they probably pay the PB a pretty penny).

I know that Mondo gives drop times to the artist that produced the print [co-worker knows a semi-regular to Mondo]. So, there's the possiblity that info gets leaked about drop time and could be "sold" to any flipper or given to friends/family alike.

It's an amazing work--nothing short of stunning, really. I just can't get over how HIGH the mark up is. Some of the variants are listed at $1000+
Correct me if I'm wrong (without flaming!)--but it's sort of a slap in the face to the artist. Horkey prints up 400+ and they're sold for $65/each. Whether he's paid a bulk price for the print run, or a percentage for each one ($25/each?)--the secondary mark-up being mutliples of original listing price is just stupifying... "Hey man, great art. I'll buy it for something small and then multipy by 5 or 8 or 10... sell it on eBay."

Judging by the prices/run size, Mondo did almost $50G in under a few minutes. Aaron might have taken a nice $10-25G mint home for that (plus any bank he made from curating the PTA run)--all of it well deserved, hard earned! But had the regular been ~$350 & the variant ~600, you're looking at over $270G. Higher price point might encourage less flipping and (what's arguable) a better coin to the artist that creates the piece... Not just the secondary market that thrives off of this 'random-drop time' system/sh!tty check-outs & server volume spikes.

Hey, it's good gravy if you can getchya some. If gullability had a price... well, look at the sales on these!!

just my $.02....

Like I said, STUNNING work. Maybe in 6 months the price will be closer to the 250 range.... but I ain't gonna hold my breath...
The Sentinel Sees All...
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

New around here?
rockheem

Fri May 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Good to know Mondo has this in stock. Time to call in a few favors!
VulturePiano
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 17, 2013 7:29 pm

I picked my regular up this afternoon. The detail is amazing and the seal has a great shine to it. I saw the variant and I really like the green. The paper these are printed on is a nice touch too.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm

VulturePiano wrote:I picked my regular up this afternoon. The detail is amazing and the seal has a great shine to it. I saw the variant and I really like the green. The paper these are printed on is a nice touch too.

Just wondering: were you only permitted to purchase a single TMBB poster today at the shop? That's to say EITHER the regular or the variant?
rockheem

Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 pm

VulturePiano wrote:I picked my regular up this afternoon. The detail is amazing and the seal has a great shine to it. I saw the variant and I really like the green. The paper these are printed on is a nice touch too.
I wish Mondo posted better pictures of the variant on their blog. The variant images Mondo posted looked dark and dull compared to the regular, so I ended up buying a regular instead. Did anyone else pick up the variant in person?
Last edited by rockheem on Fri May 17, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VulturePiano
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 pm

thriftypix wrote:

Just wondering: were you only permitted to purchase a single TMBB poster today at the shop? That's to say EITHER the regular or the variant?
Well I didn't buy it there as I got it on the drop this morning but I only went for one so I can't say whether or not people were allowed two.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 8:09 pm

VulturePiano wrote:
thriftypix wrote:

Well I didn't buy it there as I got it on the drop this morning but I only went for one so I can't say whether or not people were allowed two.
I was told if you purchased two, they would refund your whole order.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 9:08 pm

I live here in Austin also and they only sold them online for this drop. They already had them in stock but they're pretty good about not letting folks grab multiple prints - especially with the online orders. I'm still a little butt hurt that I didn't snag one :cry:
A Lannister always pays his debts.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 9:36 pm

rockheem wrote:Good to know Mondo has this in stock. Time to call in a few favors!
hi heathunter
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 17, 2013 9:37 pm

rockheem wrote: I wish Mondo posted better pictures of the variant on their blog. The variant images Mondo posted looked dark and dull compared to the regular, so I ended up buying a regular instead. Did anyone else pick up the variant in person?
is it for your ebay listings?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm

gigme wrote:
liptonsweettea wrote:
rockheem wrote:dammit variant or regular?! the more i stare at the variant the more i like it, but it cost 50% more and if i get shut out more than likely i won't have a chance for the regular.
hey heathunter, look like u sold 5 of them on the bay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&i ... &_from=R40

rockheem is heathunter, so if he massage you and looking to buy one is because he already sold it on ebay, and looking to pick them up here for cheap.
So he's flipping what he hasn't yet acquired... that's bush league.
It's funny how Mondo can sell prints even though there not in hand and it's considered acceptable but here On EB it's considered Bush League to sell a print before it's in hand. Just my two cents.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
DrewJ

Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 pm

kyler4444 wrote:
gigme wrote:
liptonsweettea wrote:
rockheem wrote:dammit variant or regular?! the more i stare at the variant the more i like it, but it cost 50% more and if i get shut out more than likely i won't have a chance for the regular.
hey heathunter, look like u sold 5 of them on the bay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&i ... &_from=R40

rockheem is heathunter, so if he massage you and looking to buy one is because he already sold it on ebay, and looking to pick them up here for cheap.
So he's flipping what he hasn't yet acquired... that's bush league.
It's funny how Mondo can sell prints even though there not in hand and it's considered acceptable but here On EB it's considered Bush League to sell a print before it's in hand. Just my two cents.
Think about what you just said.

Do you REALLY think it's the same thing?