Evil Dead 2 13 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm

DjPhaze wrote:anyone else think the face of ash is kinda blurry?
I came on here to ask the same question. The artwork on this piece is absolutely AWESOME, but the printing looks absolutely TERRIBLe. HIs face looks really distorted, almost like if I took a small scaled image and blew it up to an unsupported size.. its really bad. This is by far the worst print job ive ever seen on a print.. what a let down.

Did D&L print this? I'm really surprised.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:11 pm

skullyland wrote:
I came on here to ask the same question. The artwork on this piece is absolutely AWESOME, but the printing looks absolutely TERRIBLe. HIs face looks really distorted, almost like if I took a small scaled image and blew it up to an unsupported size.. its really bad. This is by far the worst print job ive ever seen on a print.. what a let down.

I've addressed it too. I even talked to mondo about it. They said it was an effect they were trying to create, they said they were happy with the final product and they were sorry I didn't like it.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 pm

This print is definitely a 10 footer.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
skullyland wrote:

I've addressed it too. I even talked to mondo about it. They said it was an effect they were trying to create, they said they were happy with the final product and they were sorry I didn't like it.
Wow.. that's terrible. There is no way in hell they were going for that look. I have seen and inspected so many prints from a bunch of different manufactures and this is definitly not an effect. It's a poor print job no doubt. I wonder if maybe D&L rushed the printing? Maybe their screens were off.. maybe jason didn't prepare the artwork properly (i doubt this), who knows.. either way this is brutal. Of all the prints released so far in 2013, this was the one i looked forward to the most. What a brutal brutal letdown.. Aghhh.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:27 pm

skullyland wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
skullyland wrote:

Wow.. that's terrible. There is no way in hell they were going for that look. I have seen and inspected so many prints from a bunch of different manufactures and this is definitly not an effect. It's a poor print job no doubt. I wonder if maybe D&L rushed the printing? Maybe their screens were off.. maybe jason didn't prepare the artwork properly (i doubt this), who knows.. either way this is brutal. Of all the prints released so far in 2013, this was the one i looked forward to the most. What a brutal brutal letdown.. Aghhh.
I am still iso but haven't seen a print. Can you upload some pics of the issues?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
antiyou
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:33 pm

I kind of chalked it up to wanting a grainy/slightly out of focus look like when some of us big kids used to watch the VHS'. And IMO, this movie has sucked on each successive release since VHS. It used to cover up just how cheap and shitty the FX were.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 pm

rubberneck wrote:
skullyland wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
skullyland wrote: I came on here to ask the same question. The artwork on this piece is absolutely AWESOME, but the printing looks absolutely TERRIBLe. HIs face looks really distorted, almost like if I took a small scaled image and blew it up to an unsupported size.. its really bad. This is by far the worst print job ive ever seen on a print.. what a let down.

I am still iso but haven't seen a print. Can you upload some pics of the issues?

I would hold off if I were you.. it's really bad man. If you decide you want one, i'll give you mine at cost + ship.

Will post photos in a day or so.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 am

I'm surprised people were so disappointed by the print quality. I PB'd for someone and, after seeing it in person, wished I had my own. Happy to say I ended up getting my own copy for near cost. The last photos probably describe what people are talking about. I expected the final piece to look something like this, having sort of a blotchy, painted texture. There are prints that are best appreciated up close and and others from a distance. This print is definitely the latter and I think it's great.

thedylanator
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah I think that looks fine to me, there are very few posters I will actually look at that closely.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm

thedylanator wrote:Yeah I think that looks fine to me, there are very few posters I will actually look at that closely.
Trust me when I say that it is obvious from afar as well. Those pictures are slightly misleading. Bummer because I love the film and the art on it is fantastic but the print job is :hanging: not according to mondo though.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
thedylanator
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:31 am

Haven't seen it for myself in person yet, a PB just picked me up one of Edmiston's APs at Comic Con.
We'll see if I feel the same way after seeing it in person.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
thedylanator wrote:Yeah I think that looks fine to me, there are very few posters I will actually look at that closely.
Trust me when I say that it is obvious from afar as well. Those pictures are slightly misleading. Bummer because I love the film and the art on it is fantastic but the print job is :hanging: not according to mondo though.
couldn't agree more. The pictures don't even compare to seeing it in person. I own hundreds of prints, from so many different entities(mondo,gallery1988,DHM,Skuzzles,bottleneck,acidfree,nakatomi,tommygood,bands,artists, concerts.. you name it).. i have yet to see any that look like evil dead does.

This is earth crushing for me as i considered this one of my biggest iso in a long time :( :hanging:
whiskaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:12 pm

skullyland wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
couldn't agree more. The pictures don't even compare to seeing it in person. I own hundreds of prints, from so many different entities(mondo,gallery1988,DHM,Skuzzles,bottleneck,acidfree,nakatomi,tommygood,bands,artists, concerts.. you name it).. i have yet to see any that look like evil dead does.

This is earth crushing for me as i considered this one of my biggest iso in a long time :( :hanging:
Bummer. It really does look OK from those photos.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from those who have seen this poster in person. IMO my photos are as accurate as you'll get beyond seeing it in person. It seems people are disappointed by the blotchy/grainy technique Edmiston used to paint the image, which admittedly looks different from the original jpeg. The actual print has lower contrast, most noticeable in Ash's face, but the colors are more vibrant. The only thing I could complain about is the typeface choice for the billing block.

This is more reason why Mondo should offer photos for EVERY new release. The jpegs can be so misleading.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I have the AP and it looks fantastic. I've seen both reg and AP in person both look great... Mine looks WAY better, but thats because I own it :p

But in all seriousness I loved the print and artwork. DRYMOUNTING fantastic. :clap:
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image