Iron Man 3 13 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Count
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 10:24 am

edg1218 wrote:Image Image

All I need now is an Ansin Cap and a man cave.
These look great next to each other. :clap:
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Random tidbit to add to the discussion, Ansin confirmed on his twitter that the difference between the reg and the variant is the variant has a split fountain. Basically would love to see the variant on hand now (you lucky SOBs :P).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 5:41 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Random tidbit to add to the discussion, Ansin confirmed on his twitter that the difference between the reg and the variant is the variant has a split fountain. Basically would love to see the variant on hand now (you lucky SOBs :P).
Which is exactly why I got the variant. The colors will have a gradient effect and should be interesting to see in person.
MatchesMalone
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Folks having now seen the film seems to have tempered the lust for the print; or at least what people are willing to pay for it. TBH I disliked the movie so much that it diminished my pride in having scored this print. Still a stellar piece of artwork however.
everydayasian
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 04, 2013 11:12 pm

MatchesMalone wrote:Folks having now seen the film seems to have tempered the lust for the print; or at least what people are willing to pay for it. TBH I disliked the movie so much that it diminished my pride in having scored this print. Still a stellar piece of artwork however.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Agree completely. Too many comedic attempts in the movie and I know it was meant to focus more on Tony Stark, but it still could have included more Iron Man. Especially disappointed with what they did with the Mandarin.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

MatchesMalone wrote:Folks having now seen the film seems to have tempered the lust for the print; or at least what people are willing to pay for it. TBH I disliked the movie so much that it diminished my pride in having scored this print. Still a stellar piece of artwork however.
Yeah, I was pretty pissed after losing but then saw the movie. Didn't dislike it, but there were sooooo many things about it that annoyed me enough that I'm nowhere near as broken up about it. As in, if I can land it at cost (HAHAHA) or on the AP sale, sure; anything remotely higher and I can walk away pretty happily. Even then, I'd mostly be getting for Ansin's awesome artwork more than anything.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
PunPryde
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 05, 2013 4:46 pm

I wouldn't be too sure about that, still going for the same prices as drop day on eBay from what I see!
labanog
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 05, 2013 9:50 pm

I for one really love the movie,I feel its better than IM 2,either way love Mr Ansin work on this poster,just not sure how the fountain style of the variant will look like in person? cant wait to see more in hand pics when it start to show up
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 am

So I heard the variant is GID, is this true? Can someone confirm it?
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 am

Definitely the best Iron Man Movie of the series. :notworthy: An Absolute thrill. After watching the movie I can understand now what Ansin was trying to depict in the poster and let me say it was perfectly executed. :clap:
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 08, 2013 4:55 am

Too many plot holes and bad moves by the director to be better than Iron Man 2.

Marvel upped the ante when it started shooting for continuity across the movies, and it's going to pay the price if it can't reign in their scripts properly.
JohnnyThunder wrote:Definitely the best Iron Man Movie of the series. :notworthy: An Absolute thrill. After watching the movie I can understand now what Ansin was trying to depict in the poster and let me say it was perfectly executed. :clap:
skis007
Art Expert

Wed May 08, 2013 5:02 am

JohnnyThunder wrote:Definitely the best Iron Man Movie of the series. :notworthy: An Absolute thrill. After watching the movie I can understand now what Ansin was trying to depict in the poster and let me say it was perfectly executed. :clap:
Don cheadle and Guy Pearce are copied straight from the one sheet.
Mahadev
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 08, 2013 6:06 pm

I think this is the best Mondo drop this year....Amazing print.
postulio
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Really now? This may be a good comic book movie but its nowhere near as great as the first one.

Great print, crappy movie. Took this off my ISO as well. Things will come down in 6 months and itll go for about 100.
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 pm

postulio wrote: Really now? This may be a good comic book movie but its nowhere near as great as the first one.

Great print, crappy movie. Took this off my ISO as well. Things will come down in 6 months and itll go for about 100.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.