Companion: Passing Through 13 KAWS

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
MastaMonk
Art Expert
Posts: 3367
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Wed May 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Can't decide if I like the reg or mono better...

Thoughts?
User avatar
shoeless
Art Expert
Posts: 4754
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Nashville

Wed May 08, 2013 6:35 pm

I prefer the reg.
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
kingofprussia
Art Expert
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:00 am
Contact:

Wed May 08, 2013 6:36 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:
cadmanc wrote:Does anyone know how many are released in each color way?
there has never been a definitive number released by kaws. the 5YL's are 500 pieces, that's well known. these recent releases are thought to be 1000-1500 pieces but that's just what i've heard on the boards.

$1,500 x$ 260 = $390,000

HOLY fack that's a lot of coin for a toy. I've seen these before, but I dont get the hype. However I'm sure a lot of people don't understand collecting prints so I won't knock this.

THEY'RE LIMITED EDITION ACTION FIGURES
Disagree. Theyre certainly not action figures, more sculptures imo. Ultimately art though. To each their own.
User avatar
derek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 am
Location: Las Vegas , NV

Wed May 08, 2013 7:03 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:
cadmanc wrote:Does anyone know how many are released in each color way?
there has never been a definitive number released by kaws. the 5YL's are 500 pieces, that's well known. these recent releases are thought to be 1000-1500 pieces but that's just what i've heard on the boards.

$1,500 x$ 260 = $390,000

HOLY fack that's a lot of coin for a toy. I've seen these before, but I dont get the hype. However I'm sure a lot of people don't understand collecting prints so I won't knock this.

THEY'RE LIMITED EDITION ACTION FIGURES
Hand me an original GI Joe action figure that is well preserved, and I won't say no. :wink:
User avatar
shoeless
Art Expert
Posts: 4754
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Nashville

Wed May 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Why is it considered a toy? You don't play with it...

I look at these KAWS as limited edition sculptures.
Would you call this Faile a toy?
Image


Regardless, toy, sculpture, whatever....I'm happy to have one on my desk!
fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8490
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm so happy that I just got the 'Drymounted Print Release' email for this KAWS.
Uh, like at 10:09pm. Like, just now.
Maybe it's time to unsubscribe. Maybe.
cadmanc
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Wed May 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Haha!! I tried ;)
User avatar
joshua
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am

Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 am

cadmanc wrote:Haha!! I tried ;)
thanks for trying. i dont think they have released numbers for quite some time.
ImageImage
ISO...
User avatar
THECANABISKILLA
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The 805

Thu May 09, 2013 2:50 pm

shoeless wrote:Why is it considered a toy? You don't play with it...

I look at these KAWS as limited edition sculptures.
Would you call this Faile a toy?
Image


Regardless, toy, sculpture, whatever....I'm happy to have one on my desk!

Were these made by Kidrobot?
They're crying, I'm buying.
User avatar
fribhey
Art Expert
Posts: 1780
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm

THECANABISKILLA wrote:
shoeless wrote:Why is it considered a toy? You don't play with it...

I look at these KAWS as limited edition sculptures.
Would you call this Faile a toy?
Image


Regardless, toy, sculpture, whatever....I'm happy to have one on my desk!

Were these made by Kidrobot?
No
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8397
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

joshua wrote:
cadmanc wrote:Haha!! I tried ;)
thanks for trying. i dont think they have released numbers for quite some time.
If you knew the numbers you wouldn't buy them.

At least we know they are limited, right? :roll:
Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128698
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat May 11, 2013 7:05 am

New image Companion: Passing Through 13 KAWS - Black


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128698
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat May 11, 2013 7:05 am

New image Companion: Passing Through 13 KAWS - Black
Black

Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128698
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am

New image Companion: Passing Through 13 KAWS - Black
Black

Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128698
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am

New image Companion: Passing Through 13 KAWS - Black
Black

Image
Post Reply