Whale 13 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

bfa_artist wrote:
jackpepsi wrote:I agree with roo, always one of my favorite images but not a favorite band (I still bought the LMFAO in contradiction of this logic) :wink: . I think the trees and windmill make for a more balanced composition in the original, but don't get me wrong, I'm buying one.
I agree about the poster seeming unbalanced compared to the original, but I bought one anyway :wink:

I dig the tree's and the windmill in the decemberist print, with the water there seems to be a lot of unused space.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I probably will.
Common sense, is not that common
hardman314
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm

epic image from an awesome print, glad to see Emek made this available to all the fans out there that love his work!! :clap:
upseeker
Art Expert

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:
jackpepsi wrote:I agree with roo, always one of my favorite images but not a favorite band (I still bought the LMFAO in contradiction of this logic) :wink: . I think the trees and windmill make for a more balanced composition in the original, but don't get me wrong, I'm buying one.
I agree about the poster seeming unbalanced compared to the original, but I bought one anyway :wink:

I dig the tree's and the windmill in the decemberist print, with the water there seems to be a lot of unused space.

I like the art print much better because of the seemingly floating whale over the waves: cosmic!
jackpepsi
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 am

upseeker wrote:
attackonthebass wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:

I like the art print much better because of the seemingly floating whale over the waves: cosmic!
I get you there. I also think that the surreal nature of the whale over the countryside made the original image so powerful and memorable for me. Still a win/win for Emek fans and fans of the image. I wouldn't rule out someday picking up the Decemberists Amsterdam 07 EMEK - 1st.
"Living in the pools, they soon forget about the sea."
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emek-Handbill-T ... 7675.l2557

Here's a handbill that I stumbled upon, I'm assuming that the print will be very similar color wise.

Looks Great IMO, was wondering if the JPEG would look as good as the actual print.
canuck
Art Freak

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 am

Emek made handbills out of this image?
upseeker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

upseeker wrote:I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
I always think of "it's a trap!"
upseeker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Like Mona Lisa, indeed. :shock:
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 am

I was just told that the end tally on the timed release was 650 :clap:
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 am

650 was a surprise to me- shows how much this image is cherished by the EMEK fans :pint:

Just noticed the bird is similar to the one in the Haiti print- also seems like there is a bird like image in the clouds
canuck
Art Freak

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 am

canuck wrote:Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
is that the largest time release?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 am

upseeker wrote:I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
when youre in the water with whales, they really do look right at you. in the water, they can hear and feel your heartbeat and they can sense your every move. its an incredible experience, having an animal larger than a school bus swim by you. the water is electric with noise, the whales are talking, the dolphins are talking, who knows, they could be talking to each other, inter-species communication? ...its like nothing on earth.

this was my best whale photo after five years of living on Maui, and let me leave the valley isle a happy man...if you zoom in, you can see the mother whale is looking right at me with her big blue eye.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 am

attackonthebass wrote:
canuck wrote:Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
is that the largest time release?
The last one was half of that. Is this a confirmed giclee? My Emek email is easily 20 pages back in my email inbox :?