Whale 13 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
attackonthebass
Art Expert
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:05 pm
Contact:

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

bfa_artist wrote:
jackpepsi wrote:I agree with roo, always one of my favorite images but not a favorite band (I still bought the LMFAO in contradiction of this logic) :wink: . I think the trees and windmill make for a more balanced composition in the original, but don't get me wrong, I'm buying one.
I agree about the poster seeming unbalanced compared to the original, but I bought one anyway :wink:

I dig the tree's and the windmill in the decemberist print, with the water there seems to be a lot of unused space.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I probably will.
Common sense, is not that common
User avatar
hardman314
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 pm

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm

epic image from an awesome print, glad to see Emek made this available to all the fans out there that love his work!! :clap:
upseeker
Art Expert
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:
jackpepsi wrote:I agree with roo, always one of my favorite images but not a favorite band (I still bought the LMFAO in contradiction of this logic) :wink: . I think the trees and windmill make for a more balanced composition in the original, but don't get me wrong, I'm buying one.
I agree about the poster seeming unbalanced compared to the original, but I bought one anyway :wink:

I dig the tree's and the windmill in the decemberist print, with the water there seems to be a lot of unused space.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I probably will.
I like the art print much better because of the seemingly floating whale over the waves: cosmic!
User avatar
jackpepsi
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 am

upseeker wrote:
attackonthebass wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:
jackpepsi wrote:I agree with roo, always one of my favorite images but not a favorite band (I still bought the LMFAO in contradiction of this logic) :wink: . I think the trees and windmill make for a more balanced composition in the original, but don't get me wrong, I'm buying one.
I agree about the poster seeming unbalanced compared to the original, but I bought one anyway :wink:

I dig the tree's and the windmill in the decemberist print, with the water there seems to be a lot of unused space.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I probably will.
I like the art print much better because of the seemingly floating whale over the waves: cosmic!
I get you there. I also think that the surreal nature of the whale over the countryside made the original image so powerful and memorable for me. Still a win/win for Emek fans and fans of the image. I wouldn't rule out someday picking up the Decemberists Amsterdam 07 EMEK - 1st.
"Living in the pools, they soon forget about the sea."
User avatar
attackonthebass
Art Expert
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:05 pm
Contact:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emek-Handbill-T ... 7675.l2557

Here's a handbill that I stumbled upon, I'm assuming that the print will be very similar color wise.

Looks Great IMO, was wondering if the JPEG would look as good as the actual print.
Common sense, is not that common
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 am

Emek made handbills out of this image?
Image
upseeker
Art Expert
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm

I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm

upseeker wrote:I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
I always think of "it's a trap!"
upseeker
Art Expert
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Like Mona Lisa, indeed. :shock:
User avatar
duckyhoward
Art Expert
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 am

I was just told that the end tally on the timed release was 650 :clap:
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11398
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 am

650 was a surprise to me- shows how much this image is cherished by the EMEK fans :pint:

Just noticed the bird is similar to the one in the Haiti print- also seems like there is a bird like image in the clouds
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
Image
User avatar
attackonthebass
Art Expert
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:05 pm
Contact:

Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 am

canuck wrote:Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
is that the largest time release?
Common sense, is not that common
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4427
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 am

upseeker wrote:I like how the 400,000 lb whale is looking at you. :P
when youre in the water with whales, they really do look right at you. in the water, they can hear and feel your heartbeat and they can sense your every move. its an incredible experience, having an animal larger than a school bus swim by you. the water is electric with noise, the whales are talking, the dolphins are talking, who knows, they could be talking to each other, inter-species communication? ...its like nothing on earth.

this was my best whale photo after five years of living on Maui, and let me leave the valley isle a happy man...if you zoom in, you can see the mother whale is looking right at me with her big blue eye.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Fri May 17, 2013 11:33 am

attackonthebass wrote:
canuck wrote:Kinda surprised on the 650 as well but there was a 3 per person limit.
is that the largest time release?
The last one was half of that. Is this a confirmed giclee? My Emek email is easily 20 pages back in my email inbox :?
Image
Post Reply