Phish Burgettstown 97 Dickerson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Phish Burgettstown 97 Dickerson

applehead
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 pm

big fan of this one. sort of a sleeper among giants imo.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 pm

Was at this show. Amoreena bustout, sick Cross Eyed, Ghost>Izabella and McGrupp all in the same show. Sickness!!
applehead
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 pm

i was there too. def dont remember an official print but i dont think i was really buying merch at this point either. i love pittsburg and starlake and ive only missed 1 phish starlake show ever. kinda bummed theyre not playing there this year. there really is something special about Phish and starlake. i have some of my best memories there, specifically 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2003. they all really ripped. from amoreena to trenchtown rock to bittersweet motel to maze->shafty->maze and the list goes on and on peaking at 2003's crazy bustout show.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:29 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:Was at this show. Amoreena bustout, sick Cross Eyed, Ghost>Izabella and McGrupp all in the same show. Sickness!!
don't forget the super Phunky Gumbo! :notworthy:
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about one of the sickest gumbos ever. Shame on me :oops: It was awesome though. I almost got arrested at this show too.
haven
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:36 pm

This is definitely not an official print. He also did one for the 11/96 Palace show which I should add to the database, though it's not nearly as nice as this one.
applehead
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm

haven wrote:This is definitely not an official print. He also did one for the 11/96 Palace show which I should add to the database, though it's not nearly as nice as this one.

Thx for the info. I never heard of the print youre speaking of. Could u please PM or email me a pic? I'll add the art if u dont want to. I did think this was an official print since it has the lot and door opening times and venue etc. Are you sure this wasnt made by whoever was promoting the show at the time. Sort of like the Jeral Tidwell Phish print from Miami 2009? Are you absolutely certain this wasnt an official print in any capacity? I wonder how I could ask the artist directly?
haven
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Greg's girlfriend at the time was friends with a good friend's sister. So we stayed with him for the December 97 Cleveland show and he had this and the Palace print for sale. I remember him talking about them and don't remember him ever mentioning the promoter or being hired to do them. But it's been a while, so it's a possibility, but they definitely weren't commissioned by Phish.

As far as the Palace print, all my stuff is in storage at the moment, but once I'm settled I'll take pics and add it.
applehead
Art Expert

Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:51 pm

haven wrote:Greg's girlfriend at the time was friends with a good friend's sister. So we stayed with him for the December 97 Cleveland show and he had this and the Palace print for sale. I remember him talking about them and don't remember him ever mentioning the promoter or being hired to do them. But it's been a while, so it's a possibility, but they definitely weren't commissioned by Phish.

As far as the Palace print, all my stuff is in storage at the moment, but once I'm settled I'll take pics and add it.

awesome. thx for the info! i'll be looking forward to those palace print pix. thx again!
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 pm

So I'm having some download issues, but quick story....

I've been on the lookout for this one for awhile and I don't think I ever saw it surface; it's a show me and some Cleveland buddies went to back in high school. I checked a few other poster sites to no avail and never even got an eBay notification.

I reached out to the artist thinking maybe he could point me in the right direction or knew of someone looking to sell(?). I typically strike out every time because the artist's have been sold out for years. I figured it was low likelihood that he'd have one given that there were only 54 were made and it was 16 years ago.

Well, I can't say enough nice things about Greg after we had email dialogue and a few phone conversations. He thought there might be one (I couldn't believe it!) and he'd check. So he then comes back to me and says one is available (check the # below) and I promised to take great care of it. (Unfortunately, I think that really was the last one left.) It's a beautiful print in person.

As soon as I can afford to frame it, you guys will be the first to know. In any event, Greg's a really nice guy, and creating art and teaching in the MN area, but I don't think doing concert prints any longer.
http://gregdickersonstudio.com/about

Thanks,

Shawn

Edit: the links didn't work and the picture files are too large. Long story short, it's #1 of 54. I'll post when I can.
L1verk1ck

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm

smm24339 wrote:

I've been on the lookout for this one for awhile and I don't think I ever saw it surface; it's a show me and some Cleveland buddies went to back in high school. I checked a few other poster sites to no avail and never even got an eBay notification.

I reached out to the artist thinking maybe he could point me in the right direction or knew of someone looking to sell(?). I typically strike out every time because the artist's have been sold out for years. I figured it was low likelihood that he'd have one given that there were only 54 were made and it was 16 years ago.

Well, I can't say enough nice things about Greg after we had email dialogue and a few phone conversations. He thought there might be one (I couldn't believe it!) and he'd check. So he then comes back to me and says one is available (check the # below) and I promised to take great care of it. (Unfortunately, I think that really was the last one left.) It's a beautiful print in person.

As soon as I can afford to frame it, you guys will be the first to know. In any event, Greg's a really nice guy, and creating art and teaching in the MN area, but I don't think doing concert prints any longer.

Thanks,

Shawn

Edit: the links didn't work and the picture files are too large. Long story short, it's #1 of 54. I'll post when I can.

I bought this one from Shawn.

Thank you man!
crujonez
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:45 am

hmm. i was at this show as well and never saw the print. i like it. really weren't a whole lot of official prints back then
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am

L1verk1ck wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm
smm24339 wrote:

Thanks,

Shawn

I bought this one from Shawn.

Thank you man!

You're welcome and I know it found a good home. Enjoy.