Canus Dirus 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
noparanoia
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
ajharrington321 wrote:
kingofprussia wrote:Was going to pull the trigger on Ebay but just read that it's 39 inches long. Boooo, can't fit in my portfolio which means its a pass for me. Do prints really need to be any longer than 36 inches? ;)
Yea I passed on TWBB because it was 39 inches long....

Horkey's are meant to be framed, not put in a portfolio
This. Im glad when I hear that people pass on Canus due to the fact that it doesnt fit into their portfolio.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 am

anyone think this one resembles some of ken taylor's work, or vice versa? not trying to start any fights in here, just asking...
ImageT.K.C.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:59 am

No fights started. Some of Ken's work has been compared to Horkey's work before. In fact The Harbinger Image had a few people calling Horkey on it.

I like Canus Dirus quite a bit - even though I haven't seen Game of Thrones at all. I think part of what makes Canus Dirus so good is that it doesn't feel like it is definitely a Game of Thrones print. It feels more like a BIG WOLF VS SMALL LEAF print. And I like it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:21 pm

It's cool but I will probably never frame it
mtarail
Art Expert

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 pm

KSUvet wrote:OK fellows, here she is! Thanks again so much to Tapecat, Aaron Horkey, and the print donor for making this happen. Hopefully you guys think I did it justice. The concept was to find a birch bark type moulding to resemble the tree. (I stole the idea from Trasher after I saw him post a musing on the forum, so thanks for that :cheers: .) Finding a moulding to match the idea was a little harder. The top mat is a hand-wrapped fabric which has some little runs here and there. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. To me, that moulding really pulls your eye into those tree branches where the magic happens.

Never mind the yellow wall. It was like that when we moved in, and it's getting changed eventually! I had to shoot this one at an angle because of the stupid chandelier. :D
MGW
Art Expert

Sun May 21, 2017 2:06 pm

From a few months back. Thanks again to Corey and team at Furthur Frames.

Pencil study
- In the end it's the beast and the fowl that will reclaim the world.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu May 25, 2017 12:36 pm

By the old gods and the new, that is drymounting glorious
ImageImage