Metropolis 13 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Anyone know when these will start shipping out? Bought my reg off eBay, so I'm in the dark. Just asked Laurent about the APs, too.
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:00 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Anyone know when these will start shipping out? Bought my reg off eBay, so I'm in the dark. Just asked Laurent about the APs, too.
Have not heard, but it would be nice to get them before it has been a month since ordering... :roll:

EDIT: Where is this amazing customer service that DHM was talking about now? Feels like I am buying an Olly Moss print again....
Image Image Image
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

dlazarow wrote:From facebook:

Tracking numbers are flowing, and YES, for all who've asked, the Standard Edition "METROPOLIS" prints were indeed printed with metallic inks!

We thought it's always nice to have a little surprise where not expected! Wait till you see them!!

DHM
Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am

rubberneck wrote:

Tracking numbers are flowing, and YES, for all who've asked, the Standard Edition "METROPOLIS" prints were indeed printed with metallic inks!

We thought it's always nice to have a little surprise where not expected! Wait till you see them!!

DHM
Nice.
indeed :pint:
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 pm

jlabbate wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

DHM
Nice.
indeed :pint:
:clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
sconor
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:54 am

Cannot wait to get my hands on this!
The man's a genius!
jdhq1185
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:24 pm

The gold metallics on this really pop against the black background. :clap:

cinemarat
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:17 pm

jdhq1185 wrote:The gold metallics on this really pop against the black background. :clap:

Man, this poster is absolutely amazing. I'm one of the folks that wasn't lucky enough to score one, but congrats to all that did. This is easily an early candidate for poster of the year.

All of that being said, some of the real negativity and nastiness leveled towards DHM regarding the problems with the drop.....just sad. It may be a beautiful piece of art, but at the end of the day it's just a poster. And having done drops myself (albeit on a very, very small level), I truly believe that the guys at DHM would have done ANYTHING to have avoided being put in this situation. I feel quite certain that no one feels worse about all of these headaches and heartaches as they do. And I'm sure they would have preferred it to go perfectly as well, rather than be barraged with angry emails from frustrated people. But that's just the nature of the beast sometimes.

But hell, if you miss out on something that is beyond awesome, often times it only takes a week or two for you to be able to score something you love just as much or more. That's the beauty of this hobby! (the bitterness, name calling and other pettiness...not so much :) ) And after everything that's happened in places like Boston and Texas this week, I hope we can all keep things in perspective as well.

Again, hope all of you who got one enjoy it thoroughly. Consider me jealous!
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:04 pm

cinemarat wrote:
jdhq1185 wrote:The gold metallics on this really pop against the black background. :clap:

Man, this poster is absolutely amazing. I'm one of the folks that wasn't lucky enough to score one, but congrats to all that did. This is easily an early candidate for poster of the year.

All of that being said, some of the real negativity and nastiness leveled towards DHM regarding the problems with the drop.....just sad. It may be a beautiful piece of art, but at the end of the day it's just a poster. And having done drops myself (albeit on a very, very small level), I truly believe that the guys at DHM would have done ANYTHING to have avoided being put in this situation. I feel quite certain that no one feels worse about all of these headaches and heartaches as they do. And I'm sure they would have preferred it to go perfectly as well, rather than be barraged with angry emails from frustrated people. But that's just the nature of the beast sometimes.

But hell, if you miss out on something that is beyond awesome, often times it only takes a week or two for you to be able to score something you love just as much or more. That's the beauty of this hobby! (the bitterness, name calling and other pettiness...not so much :) ) And after everything that's happened in places like Boston and Texas this week, I hope we can all keep things in perspective as well.

True this. People just looking for a bone man, maybe if they bitch enough about something they'll get what they want, but this ain't Charter and they know we'll all come back for more, they got great licenses and great artists.
Count
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:20 am

cinemarat wrote:Man, this poster is absolutely amazing. I'm one of the folks that wasn't lucky enough to score one, but congrats to all that did. This is easily an early candidate for poster of the year.
I missed it too. Glad to see that those who scored are enjoying and framing their prints. :pint:
cinemarat wrote:But hell, if you miss out on something that is beyond awesome, often times it only takes a week or two for you to be able to score something you love just as much or more. That's the beauty of this hobby! (the bitterness, name calling and other pettiness...not so much :) ) And after everything that's happened in places like Boston and Texas this week, I hope we can all keep things in perspective as well.

Couldn't agree more.

Hoping for more masterpieces from Durieux!
Zukov
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Anyone else still waiting on a shipping number? Have they all been sent out?
SFLOEGEL
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Zukov wrote:Anyone else still waiting on a shipping number? Have they all been sent out?
i am still waiting on the tracking for the variant.
summoner
Art Freak

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Personally I think the print (in the flesh) is a bit too dark. There is a lot of black, and a bit more color in those areas would have gone a long way.

Just my $.02
Image Image Image
bootstrut
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Wanted to share some photos of what might be my favorite Durieux to date. The red areas in the jpeg are a much more vivid orange in person.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Here's more