Metropolis 13 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kerrick
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:20 am

mus42 wrote:Anyone from the UK bought from DHM previously? Just wondering what the cost of postage to the UK might be?
Cheers!
You can add one of the other available prints from their store to see how much it would cost ya, they tell you the price on the checkout screen.
It's 18$ to ship it here to Brazil so it should be pretty similar since they usually have fixed worldwide rates.
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

Via the eMoviePoster Facebook ...

To all those of you who have asked about the special $250 METROPOLIS metal edition that we at eMoviePoster.com will be selling on Friday.

We will have a simple lottery on Friday afternoon. We will pick out ten people completely at random from those who have emailed us and send them an email telling them they won and giving them payment instructions.

They will have until Monday to PayPal, and if any do not, we will go to the next names on the list, so if you don't hear from us on Friday, you may still get one on Monday!

SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS LOTTERY IS SEND AN EMAIL TO "mail@emovieposter.com" AND WE WILL INCLUDE YOU. Get to us no later than Friday morning at 8 AM CST

Best of luck to you!
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
Count
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 am

So, the metals will be sold via lottery... gonna be fun.
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am

Count wrote:So, the metals will be sold via lottery... gonna be fun.
Count, only emovieposter's will be for the Std Ed Metal, our Metal Editions for the Variant, along with "METROPOLIS" paper editions will be on our Store here: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com per norm on Friday. Thanks! DHM
Last edited by DarkHallMansion on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 am

DarkHallMansion wrote:
Count, only emovieposter's will be for the Std Ed Metal, our Metal Editions for the Variant will be on the Store per norm on Friday. Thanks! DHM
Cool. Thanks!
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:16 am

Count wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
Count, only emovieposter's will be for the Std Ed Metal, our Metal Editions for the Variant will be on the Store per norm on Friday. Thanks! DHM
Cool. Thanks!
Yup, no prob, thanks again for the interest! DHM
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Can't wait, stunning print from one hell of an artist. GREAT way to start your Seminal Film Series, DHM!
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Brichella
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:07 am

The standard edition isn't really working for me, the detail is very beautiful but Maria's face doesn't look right to me. The variant (on the other hand) gets better every time I look at it.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 am

I know what you mean. But Durieux's rendering skills are beyond reproach. Just look at how the robot's face looks in the variant - spot on - and you know what I mean. I chalk up the look of the "robot" in the regular edition to Laurent's decision to hybridize her face - a very purposeful combination of the robot and human Maria. Of course, that doesn't mean one has to like the way it looks!

Good luck today, everyone.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 am

What about shipping to Canada? USPS? Low value to avoid customs like other stores do?
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 am

bethemonkey wrote:What about shipping to Canada? USPS? Low value to avoid customs like other stores do?
Damn, bethemonkey! Seems like that is CONSISTENTLY a problem :P

This is mine :oops:
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 am

Well you go for one I go for one and then we can trade. You know I'm goign to get one... you know it.
Pineapple007 wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:What about shipping to Canada? USPS? Low value to avoid customs like other stores do?

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 am

bethemonkey wrote:Well you go for one I go for one and then we can trade. You know I'm goign to get one... you know it.
Pineapple007 wrote:

You may have got one... but I got a DOZEN And the belly to prove it

"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Dubflakes