Two Sides of Capitalism 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 am

This topic is dedicated to: Two Sides of Capitalism 07 Fairey

artoholic
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:47 am

I have a box of overs from a recent print run of a stunning brochure, if anyone is interested. Get em while their hot, only 10 per person :lol:
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
Richardson

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:12 am

I just won a bet with a friend about this week's Fairey poster. He said it was going to be a Muslim woman or peace related and I said it was going to be anti-capitalism or money related.

How are people still buying this crap every week? It's like Fairey isn't even pretending to try any more.
KyleLindgren
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:39 am

wow..i dont know how i got so caught up in all this for awhile...no mas for me:oops:
Crap
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:54 am

Run: 800
Technique: Offset Lithograph

:lol:
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:05 am

you guys are idiots. The worst part is most of you retards will try to buy it anyway and resell it. If you hate him so much STOP BUYING!!!!!!
Richardson

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:23 am

sev wrote:you guys are idiots. The worst part is most of you retards will try to buy it anyway and resell it. If you hate him so much STOP BUYING!!!!!!
I've never bought a Fairey and have never flipped a poster in my life. I've been following Fairey for a while now trying to understand how he's able to sell out his runs every week and I haven't been able to come up with an answer. Maybe an 800-lithograph run will finally do it.

The bubble is going to burst for Fairey poster prices. You are right about one thing: the only reason they're valued as high as they are is because people think they can keep flipping them. I mean, how many of almost identical looking posters can one person hang in their house.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:12 am

Richardson wrote:
sev wrote:you guys are idiots. The worst part is most of you retards will try to buy it anyway and resell it. If you hate him so much STOP BUYING!!!!!!
I've never bought a Fairey and have never flipped a poster in my life. I've been following Fairey for a while now trying to understand how he's able to sell out his runs every week and I haven't been able to come up with an answer. Maybe an 800-lithograph run will finally do it.

The bubble is going to burst for Fairey poster prices. You are right about one thing: the only reason they're valued as high as they are is because people think they can keep flipping them. I mean, how many of almost identical looking posters can one person hang in their house.
i am very proud of you that you have been a member for one month and have managed not to buy one good job, and thanks for your insight on the market of art prints.
coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 am

Y
A
W
N

BTW, the only reason he used offset was because of the detail on these "Bills" they are super small so it would be impossible to get all the minute detail.

They are still signed and numbered which I bet will lead these to be sold out in under 24 hours.

Im not going to try and buy these, but I am sure lots of people will.
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:22 am

coxgt wrote:Y
A
W
N

BTW, the only reason he used offset was because of the detail on these "Bills" they are super small so it would be impossible to get all the minute detail.

They are still signed and numbered which I bet will lead these to be sold out in under 24 hours.

24 hours?!? They've up the limit to 2 per person, these things are gonna be gone in minutes!!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:22 am

coxgt
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 am

ReverendToneZone wrote:
coxgt wrote:Y
A
W
N

24 hours?!? They've up the limit to 2 per person, these things are gonna be gone in minutes!!
Okay, so maybe 2 and a half hours. :lol:
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
Richardson

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm

sev wrote:
Richardson wrote:

i am very proud of you that you have been a member for one month and have managed not to buy one good job, and thanks for your insight on the market of art prints.
Instead of ripping me for having a newer profile on EB, where am I off with my analysis of Fairey prints lately?

And I'm not trying to just hate on Fairey. I liked his prints for awhile when I first saw them. Then week after week, month after month of him putting out very similar stuff I started to think he's getting lazy and greedy.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Richardson wrote:

I don't think his bubble is bursting anytime soon. After his NYC show it will only get bigger.
palehighway

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.