Peace Dove 13 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm

aldo wrote:For whoever snagged one, American Frame is having a 40% off sale on all floater frames starting today (if you were thinking of floating it). http://www.americanframe.com/Department ... woods.aspx

I would order one now but not convinced of anything until shipping notice. Luckily the sale lasts a week so you have a little time.
Thanks for the info! Bit of a warning though: it looks like only the canvas floater frames are on sale, which might not be appropriate for a print. Canvas floaters are designed to mount to stretcher frames and generally don't accomodate glass or glazing, so you may have to jump through some hoops to use 'em for this.
truthiness
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 pm

How much were the Pace prints at sale? Those look awesome.
skis007
Art Expert

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm

shoeless wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Yep, there was hardly nothing as far as hype wise for this. I am just sore I missed out. My wife has a peace dove tattooed on her wrist, so this would have been perfect for her.
Your price just doubled.
:lol:
fatskippy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 am

LOL @ the clowns who sold for $300
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

spagucci1 wrote:No not first letterpress. His prints at the pace show are letterpress. Plus the VIP invites for the Pace show were letterpress. I got my invite signed by Shep.

After reading bk boy's post- here is what I take: the invite to the pace prints show was letter pressed (not a release), the actual prints from pace show were embossed and then printed on- not letterpress.
So that makes this his first letterpress release.
Somebody please correct this if I am wrong!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 pm

The Pace prints were letter press. Letter pressing helps give an embossing effect. As you will see in this video, there are several letter press plates that are shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dm823ysplc
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm

nice, alright, again I'm wrong:) Just wanted to get to the bottom of it!
Thanks spagucci1!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Cool video! But metal plates are also used for lithography (true traditional/stone lithography, not offset lithography), engravings, and intaglio printmaking, among others. He was inking the plate for Arab Woman, but the final result didn't look particularly dimensional, which could mean traditional lithography. Is there anyone with the Pace prints who can check in?
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm

The pace prints were screenprinted and embossed, not letterpressed.
On view will be a number of silkscreens done with collage and spraypaint, as well as handmade paper, embossment and relief prints, and large metal plates with screenprint.
http://www.paceprints.com/exhibition/2012-05-Fairey
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Spag gets schooled again.
Same fudge, different drop.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:56 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Spag gets schooled again.
:clap: :clap: :lol:
spagucci1
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Spag gets schooled again.
I see you still have your crush on me. How sweet!!
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm

misterwhisper wrote:Cool video! But metal plates are also used for lithography (true traditional/stone lithography, not offset lithography), engravings, and intaglio printmaking, among others. He was inking the plate for Arab Woman, but the final result didn't look particularly dimensional, which could mean traditional lithography. Is there anyone with the Pace prints who can check in?
I have one. Image is silk screened on the embossed paper. Pics really do not show much dimension but if you see the print in person, the embossed pattern on the paper brings so much depth and texture into the work.

truthiness wrote:How much were the Pace prints at sale? Those look awesome.
the small prints ed of 35 were selling for 2.5k except for the arab woman which was 3.5k
the bigger prints ed of 5 on hand made paper were selling for 5-7k.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:00 pm

I see you still spew nonsense when you don't even know what you're talking about.
Same fudge, different drop.
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:01 pm

It might be the first widely released letterpress but I'm not sure I see what the significance of that is.
They've already said there will be more and this isn't some revolutionary new medium he's testing out.
No one next year will be saying, "Remember the day Shepard Fairey tried out letterpressing? That was the day everything changed"
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E