Metropolis 13 Dye

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 am

I think this is the most I have ever seen D.Danger post. I guess we need to have more prints like this out there. ;)
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am

DD, I understand what you are saying re: the Han.
It makes sense, its attraction, to have it blown up and in a hang-on-the-wall format vs. its original state as a small collectible trading card. I love the image, to be fair, and the screen result looks especially tasty...the metallics look great on it.

The main issue at hand still keeps me at bay on it...the originality/theft issue.

Also, keep in mind, the Metropolis piece is resized here as well...the original is roughly a US three sheet size, but the German measurments are still around 3x7 ft.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am

So do you like the new 'Dinosaur' Park print Daniel?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:DD, I understand what you are saying re: the Han.
It makes sense, its attraction, to have it blown up and in a hang-on-the-wall format vs. its original state as a small collectible trading card. I love the image, to be fair, and the screen result looks especially tasty...the metallics look great on it.

The main issue at hand still keeps me at bay on it...the originality/theft issue.

Also, keep in mind, the Metropolis piece is resized here as well...the original is roughly a US three sheet size, but the German measurments are still around 3x7 ft.
well, blowing up a collector card so it is to be looked at like hung art is arguably different than shrinking a 7' poster so its printable again as a poster, a limitation of the medium, to serve the same purpose. its not directly the resizing that is the change, its the intent of repurposing non-art. the size change is just an action to accomplish that intent. either way, its got a certain charm to it, even if it is a pretty straight enlargement with not much else going on. Sucklord is someone who does the "toys/collectables as art" thing really well, but hes making huge changes to the cards, figures, artwork, etc etc. its got more of a personal statement and aesthetic thrown into the familiar repurposed format that tugs at your nostalgia bone. but good lord, is he not for everyone...
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm

rubberneck wrote:So do you like the new 'Dinosaur' Park print Daniel?
which print is that?
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

not sure of the relevance to the above conversation, but i wish englert hand drew all his prints like that instead of fiddling with cutting and pasting photos. that ones got a nice and way more cohesive vibe to it.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

danieldanger wrote:not sure of the relevance to the above conversation, but i wish englert hand drew all his prints like that instead of fiddling with cutting and pasting photos. that ones got a nice and way more cohesive vibe to it.
Can we get a Daniel Danger Q&A thread going?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
veltri
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm

CrustaR wrote:
danieldanger wrote:not sure of the relevance to the above conversation, but i wish englert hand drew all his prints like that instead of fiddling with cutting and pasting photos. that ones got a nice and way more cohesive vibe to it.
Can we get a Daniel Danger Q&A thread going?
Starting with how you got the title LORD KINGSHIT
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:24 pm

it would consist of "why havent you answered my email?" posted ten thousand times.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 pm

You have been missed around these parts Daniel Danger. :notworthy:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm

i really dig the leia
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

been absurdly busy. like 2394723942 things on my plate these days, lost my assistant, prepping for the fall, havent had much time for tomfoolery or email responding. sometimes i just like coming on here and poking all you guys with these kind of conversations.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 pm

danieldanger wrote:been absurdly busy. like 2394723942 things on my plate these days, lost my assistant, prepping for the fall, havent had much time for tomfoolery or email responding. sometimes i just like coming on here and poking all you guys with these kind of conversations.
Are all your pieces for the cotton candy show done already?No previews?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

danieldanger wrote:been absurdly busy. like 2394723942 things on my plate these days, lost my assistant, prepping for the fall, havent had much time for tomfoolery or email responding. sometimes i just like coming on here and poking all you guys with these kind of conversations.
Is that your phone num for one-on-one queries?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"