Graveyard Minneapolis 13 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

iambillyg wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:I'm not even into snakes but this is amazing.
Could not agree MORE.

mattlew69 wrote:So did the snake eat one of the helmeted birds?
I think so...
I asked Aaron *essentially* the same question, when this image got released in AyeJay's instagram:

Well, actually I asked if there was going to be a discarded helmet somewhere on the floor...

To which Aaron said:
"It's out of frame..."

:twisted:

mattlew69 wrote:Is there any relationship between this, True Grit and Dawnbringer?
Beyond involving snakes / serpents / symbolism behind them... I don't believe so.
But hey, it's ART so it is all pretty damn subjective... I say draw your own conclusions! :twisted:
mattlew69 wrote:Not a huge fan of snakes but this is one bad-ass poster!
Again... Could *not* agree MORE. :notworthy:

downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
Could somebody explain to me how I add a signature to my posts??
Because *this* is staying there for the next 10 years! :cheers:

This was just an AWESOME post worth repeating!
veltri wrote:

Is there any relationship between this, True Grit and Dawnbringer?

Not a huge fan of snakes but this is one bad-ass poster!
I think the True Grit snake is just a part of that movie's world since a key plot point was the snake pit.

So now in Horkey's world, eyeless owls eat mini-mantas and snakes eat blind, possibly helmeted birds.

From the tail it looks like the snake may have popped the cork off the bottle where the bird could have been taking refuge. But the feathers look too big.

So maybe the snake used to take refuge in the bottle, outgrew it, but keeps it around anyhow like an old blanket, feeling conforted by poking it's tail in there.
However... I am coming to think that ALL the animals in Aaron's post apocalyptic world seem to be blind.
Birds wear helmets and find their way around by a elaborate network of string between reference points...
Owls are eye and sightless... And that snake looks VERY blind to me... Which would actually make sense...
Even from an evolutionary standpoint being as they hunt primarily by smell and body heat of their prey...

Food for (Horkey) thought...

Callaghanx wrote:Im wondering if the Snake on the TG wood, caught up with the helmeted bird on the back. Also has a reference to "Satans Finest"
Different snake...
But I think that is a pretty AWESOME interpretation!

Personally, I would :heart: to see an on-going battle between helmeted birds and serpents!!

Back in his graff days Aaron basically did a series of illustrations for Rhymesayers
that were a turntable *litterally* battling a spray can...

If this becomes a more *personal* Midwestern, post apocalyptic equivalent of that...
That would be KILLER!!

nrgball wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:
simianfever wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:I love the lettering on the bottle but I love the bird on the art print version too. This MIGHT have to be the first horkey I ever frame 2 versions of. I'm not even into snakes but this is amazing.
That's a lot of wall space, but I tend to agree. Really loving both the bottles. Excellent work. And I like snakes.

Yeah I didn't realize this was one of the large ones....no way I'll be able to frame both so I might have to work up something that looks decent with each and just swap them out occasionally.
Two sided glass and flip the frame from time to time.
I'm not sure if you were being serious....
But *that* is a pretty KICK ASS idea!! :cheers:

deancc wrote:2011 also...
1. Graveyard, “Hisingen Blues” (Nuclear Blast)

http://www.omgvinyl.com/2011/12/31/aaro ... s-of-2011/

yep, Aaron has great taste (IMO). but THIS is the best...

My number one dream poster project right now would be something for the Swedish band Graveyard — absolutely cannot get enough of them, my perfect gravel road at dusk soundtrack. Hisingen Blues has been in such heavy rotation since its release last year that our four-year-old son knows most of the songs at this point.

http://www.erraticphenomena.com/2012/05 ... yptic.html

gotta be happy for the guy.
Dean... Yet again... This is why you fuckkin' RULE! :notworthy:

Sorry for the SUPER post, but there were just SO many great comments in this thread!
This is what EB is ALL about! :pint:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm

:clap: POST OF THE HORKEY APOCALYPSE :clap: :cheers:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:55 pm

decker3984 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
Could not agree MORE.
I think so...
I asked Aaron *essentially* the same question, when this image got released in AyeJay's instagram:

Well, actually I asked if there was going to be a discarded helmet somewhere on the floor...

To which Aaron said:
"It's out of frame..."
I was hoping there was a helmet stuck in the snakes poop-chute.

I know a snakes gotta eat, but for Lord's sake, leave the helmeted, blind birds alone.

Eat all the mice you want, I could give two shits.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
decker3984 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
Could not agree MORE.
I think so...

To which Aaron said:
"It's out of frame..."
I was hoping there was a helmet stuck in the snakes poop-chute.

I know a snakes gotta eat, but for Lord's sake, leave the helmeted, blind birds alone.

Eat all the mice you want, I could give two shits.
Seriously? Would you eat THIS?!

ImageX5 Hodor Image
fredo
Art God

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm

decker3984 wrote: This is what EB is ALL about!
Also DMB.

ps This poster rules. Gimme.
just a foil for me today, thanks
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm

srdzevon wrote: Seriously? Would you eat THIS?!

:rolling:
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm

probably just a coincidence since it's looks like a reasonable snake forehead pattern but I was just looking at the pic posted above and saw a hidden osprey.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Whether that was through any *intent* on Aaron's part...
That is still pretty Awesome!
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Very serious about two sided glass. Sometimes signatures on the back are displayed this was. No reason two prints couldn't be framed that way, though I recommend plexi because of the weight.
Image Image
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

nrgball wrote:though I recommend plexi because of the weight.
Good point!

Although, museum plexi is feckin' expesnsive!
cmutch
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Was wondering if this was a sequel to Hot Cross/Lickgoldensky - Mama Snake's Revenge!
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I can't not have this print. If I don't score on the drop I will seriously consider whoring out my wife or selling my kidney for the money to buy one on ebay.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

cmutch wrote:Was wondering if this was a sequel to Hot Cross/Lickgoldensky - Mama Snake's Revenge!
I actually thought the same thing!
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Hence...
decker3984 wrote:Personally, I would :heart: to see an on-going battle between helmeted birds and serpents!!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm

if i end up getting one of these, i'm gonna bathe myself with it along with the converge poster and a dozen snake skins, a vial of cocaine, and a case of Milwaukee best light.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.