The Soundtrack (to my life) 04 Chueh

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:24 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Soundtrack (to my life) 04 Chueh

sabotage
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:05 pm

available at gelaskins as a print for $30, or a skin.
https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Ski ... ategory=29
can't really lose.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:46 pm

sabotage wrote:available at gelaskins as a print for $30, or a skin.
can't really lose.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is it exactly? print? signed? numbered? reproduction?
sabotage
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:53 pm

cadeallaw wrote:
can't really lose.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is it exactly? print? signed? numbered? reproduction?
its a giclee (high quality copy) not signed nor numbered, ie not for flipping. Just a chance to have a good quality Chueh print for really cheap.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Nice... I wasn't sure what it was. btw, I signed up to that website for the Chueh print. Hopefully i'll be able to get it, I like his stuff.
sabotage
Art Expert

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:04 pm

cadeallaw wrote:Nice... I wasn't sure what it was. btw, I signed up to that website for the Chueh print. Hopefully i'll be able to get it, I like his stuff.
Since there are only currently 12 members including staff and artists, I'd say its pretty much guaranteed. Those 2 finds were completely random for me today too. i wasn't necessarily looking for any Chueh stuff.
venush13
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:35 pm

I've gotten a few prints from that website. Not disappointed at all.

I'm glad he made this available to the masses. I love this image!
aritelescope wrote:They're holding the posters in our teary faces and pointing and laughing at us while they count their money.
ryan_1969 wrote:i heart phish.
starkiller
EB Team

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:12 pm

can't really lose.
Appears that they took the giclee down from the site.
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:23 pm

WTH is going on with this print? There/gone. What happened to the OMG posters article about it? That's disappeared entirely now too.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 pm

sabotage wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:
can't really lose.
its a giclee (high quality copy) not signed nor numbered, ie not for flipping. Just a chance to have a good quality Chueh print for really cheap.
There is simply no way that is a giclee for $30 a print. It is probably a quality print on a good printer, but certainly not a giclee. i think it should be changed to a digital.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:34 pm

direct from the gelaskins site...

Archival Inks
We create all of our giclée prints with care using Ultrachrome K3 inks.

Premium Paper
We proudly use heavyweight, environmentally friendly bamboo paper stock.

Big Margins
The prints include a 1" margin (white space) so they look great on their own or in a frame.

Made With Pride
Embossed in the lower right corner so you know it's a genuine GelaSkins print.
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Can someone explain how the second edition was released a year before the 1st edition??
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Real giclée cost money to make. It is likely they think they are making giclée, but I seriously doubt it. I use archival inks in my r800 epson printer and print with quality heavy paper. If you look at them, you would be hard pressed to see the imperfections. Alas, it is not a giclée.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:Real giclée cost money to make. It is likely they think they are making giclée, but I seriously doubt it. I use archival inks in my r800 epson printer and print with quality heavy paper. If you look at them, you would be hard pressed to see the imperfections. Alas, it is not a giclée.
I'm just surprised with some of the high profile artists who's work is available on the site that they (gelaskins) haven't been called out on this before if they're advertising these as giclees and they aren't.

I don't really care about this chueh print but I've been considering buying some of the others on the site for a while now but had my doubts about the quality.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:47 pm

It is just an observation. The 1st edition was $60/ea. That is more believable.

http://www.giclee-canvas-art-in-trinida ... rices.html
Caution: “Giclee” prints of Famous Paintings are being offered on the Internet for $20.00. The cost of preparing and making a Giclee print, whether on paper or on canvas, is far more than $20.00. Therefore, to avoid any disappointments with quality, color, paper (I doubt canvas print could be produced at all) I would suggest not to bother with these offers. It is simply unlikely, if not impossible, that a REAL Giclee museum quality print of a well-known painting can be produced for that price.