Laugh Now 03 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
db23
Art Expert

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Timmytj wrote:
tuumi wrote:
Timmytj wrote:you guys are clueless. and the shipped sailed a long time ago
No fudge sherlock. It's just that it hasn't been discussed here in comments that are specifically related to the art.
wtf does that even mean?

and hey, enjoy detroit!
this is one of my favorite back and forths i've read on hear in a long, long time. ENJOY DETROIT! that's an f'ing funny comeback.

and FYI, i love this print. i'm not the biggest Banksy fan but he's definitely got some great pieces and this is one that i'd want if i had that kind of money.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Its also my favorite. I tried to track down an U/S one awhile back to no avail.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

I love reading the stories about stacks of these just sitting for sale in the Tate Museum shop for years :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:09 pm

comountaingolf wrote:I love reading the stories about stacks of these just sitting for sale in the Tate Museum shop for years :lol:
I was actually at the tate when these were on sale there. dont remember seeing them sadly :hanging:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/eca ... t.427.html

Laugh Now

signed, dated 2002 and numbered 5/5 on the stretcher; stencilled with the artist's name on the right lateral edge
acrylic and spray enamel on canvas
17 by 17 in. 43.2 by 43.2 cm.

Final sale (including buyers premium/gallery tax) was - USD$137,000 - :shock:
Nov 14 2013
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Millah
New User

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:09 pm

One sold a few years back for about $65k usd…
https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction ... -laugh-now