Jaws 13 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Congrats on the sale buddy :pint: :notworthy:
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
Wockenfuss
Art Expert
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Smith's Grove Sanitarium

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Holy testicle Tuesday.
I Heart Haddonfield.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7168
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Sold for $2,250. Guess that damage on the side knocked off $250 from asking price.

Goes to show that slight damage/wear on in demand, modern prints like this are sometimes taken too seriously if not blown out of proportion.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10772
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Goes to show that slight damage/wear on in demand, modern prints like this are sometimes taken too seriously if not blown out of proportion.
^^
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17564
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Wow... the prices on this passed idiocy long time ago and are now in full-blown 'EBer territory
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
jvphish
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm
Location: NC

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 pm

i'll sell my AP for $4000 if anyone is interested :lol:
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7168
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 pm

This high sale doesn't count because of a hairline border crease? Seems like the 'not counted' criteria needs to be reevaluated here.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8005
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Sold for $2,250. Guess that damage on the side knocked off $250 from asking price.

Goes to show that slight damage/wear on in demand, modern prints like this are sometimes taken too seriously if not blown out of proportion.
Have to disagree. Sure, if you're selling to a total noob with tons of cash who really wants a print and the only one sitting on ebay when he happens to be shopping for it makes him feel like he's staring at an opportunity he can't let go, then yeah, he'll pay what needs to be paid to get what he wants and minor damage doesn't come into play at all. But as soon as you're dealing with the aware, who has decent knowledge of the market, who has a few options to shop from, in maybe different conditions, damage almost always takes a good cut off the top dollar figure a print could have fetched. It's just how it is.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7168
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:37 pm

The aware vs. non-aware market is still the market. Any hobby is like this.

Sure, picky collectors on a niche forum might hold out for mint and for less $, but that doesn't make a realized sale invalid.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8005
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Not saying sale is invalid. Just saying if you rely on this particular example of a sale to get to the conclusion that minor damage is blown out of proportion and doesn't affect value, I say you're looking at one tree.. take a few steps back to look at the forest. Tons of examples show minor damage does affect value quite a bit. Buyer didn't give a fudge here though.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7168
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm

tranito wrote:Not saying sale is invalid. Just saying if you rely on this particular example of a sale to get to the conclusion that minor damage is blown out of proportion and doesn't affect value, I say you're looking at one tree.. take a few steps back to look at the forest. Tons of examples show minor damage does affect value quite a bit. Buyer didn't give a fudge here though.
I would agree with this for sure. Perhaps I am speaking more to the dwindling availability and general market trend on this.

This is one of a very select and small group of prints that I would say is bigger than our forum or general modern print collectors as a whole. The outside/non-collectors will notice this print, Moss SW set, Slater Goldfinger, etc...above all others because of mainstream media noticing how they stand above their peers artistically (and several other reasons) so to speak. Because of this, these sales will bring top dollar each time one surfaces and disappears forever, which as non-collectors reach out and snatch one, you can guarantee this happening.
Last edited by wonkabars7 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 am

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:The aware vs. non-aware market is still the market. Any hobby is like this.

Sure, picky collectors on a niche forum might hold out for mint and for less $, but that doesn't make a realized sale invalid.
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
Froilan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 am

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:08 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:This high sale doesn't count because of a hairline border crease? Seems like the 'not counted' criteria needs to be reevaluated here.

Why is it not counted? I don't understand it. It doesn't make any sense at all. But then again. If it changes the average price of the print to a lower amount then fudge I'm all for it!
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13929
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I think Durieux's signature means more than the creases.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
Wockenfuss
Art Expert
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Smith's Grove Sanitarium

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:This high sale doesn't count because of a hairline border crease? Seems like the 'not counted' criteria needs to be reevaluated here.
No matter what the EB average price is, it'll sure as hell count as far as future sellers. A new baseline price has been established.
I Heart Haddonfield.
Post Reply