Jaws 13 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm

FlapJack wrote:
Froilan wrote:
Nicodemus317 wrote:Do you mind if I ask how much that frame job cost? Also, what are the mat colors? Museum glass?
I don't mind at all.

Matte colors - Ivory and Gold Rush

UV Museum Glass
You used two mats on 24x36 poster with used museum glass ... and got out the door at $241? Well done sir. :clap:

I'm clearly doing something wrong.
Was going to say the same thing! Looks great!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm

That might be the deal of the century. Better hope he didn't tape it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:That might be the deal of the century. Better hope he didn't tape it.
Thanks, guys.

I was very specific as to what I wanted done. The pushed for hinge mounting it but I said no. I was clear that I didn't want the print taped at all. He hemmed and hawed (even showed me the acid free tape they use) but eventually "figured" out a way to do it (photo corners, acid free catchers on the bottom and sides of the prints). It's just a matter of being clear and specific to them. And...60% discount coupon helped ;) In as much as it's discounted I feel like it still could've been cheaper but they gave me what I wanted and I am happy with it. :)
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
fredo
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Are acid-free hinges that big a problem? I could probably go find that info somewhere, but since we're talking...

ps that frameup is perfect. I'd like to see one done with driftwood or the remains of ye olde lobster traps.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

fredo wrote:Are acid-free hinges that big a problem? I could probably go find that info somewhere, but since we're talking...

ps that frameup is perfect. I'd like to see one done with driftwood or the remains of ye olde lobster traps.

Over-time it becomes a problem because it will discolor (no matter what they say) and chances are will bleed through the front of the print.
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Did I hear a complaint after a 60% discount?
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 pm

canuck wrote:Did I hear a complaint after a 60% discount?

:P
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Do framers usually use tape? I told them to use only acid-free, archival materials, but I didn't know about tape... :hanging:
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:22 pm

questkid32 wrote:Do framers usually use tape? I told them to use only acid-free, archival materials, but I didn't know about tape... :hanging:
Unless you say otherwise, yes, they always use "acid free archival tape" to hinge mount your print.
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Froilan wrote:
questkid32 wrote:Do framers usually use tape? I told them to use only acid-free, archival materials, but I didn't know about tape... :hanging:
Unless you say otherwise, yes, they always use "acid free archival tape" to hinge mount your print.
How bad does that drymount up your print?
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:37 pm

I can probably call and have this changed real quick, but I need to know what to have him do instead. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:43 pm

questkid32 wrote:
Froilan wrote:
How bad does that drymount up your print?
rubber.jpg
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Acid free tape, especially the ultra light kind will probably nor effect the print...especially in our lifetime.

Where you need to be scareful is on the matte...those need to be acid free, or there will be a discolored area where it was on the print sooner than later.
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Acid free tape, especially the ultra light kind will probably nor effect the print...especially in our lifetime.

Where you need to be scareful is on the matte...those need to be acid free, or there will be a discolored area where it was on the print sooner than later.
So should I call and have them use something other than tape, or...? The matte is definitely acid free, I did confirm that. Will the tape ruin the print if I ever try to take it out of the frame?

What's the best course of action here?
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 pm

They make really light acid free tape that is literally like a sticky tissue paper. I have used it for years on old movie paper that is 100 years old, as has professional restorers and the Smithsonian. Make sure the thinnest tape they have is the one used.

Regardless, removing the tape is a cinch.
Tip: simply use a hair dryer and wave over the tape as you gently pull. Should take a few seconds, and there will be no residue or color left from the tape.