moe. Worchester Portland 12 Spusta

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dondada
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm

FroDawg wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
he's randomly inserting them into the tubes of people who grabbed the copper AE, I believe. (I've never gotten a variant from Marq before, does anyone know if he gives you both or just the rarer variant if you're one of the lucky ones?)
He blessed me with a bonus variant one time. Totally blew my mind. What a nice gesture. Cool that he's doing that with this piece.
Every time I was lucky enough to win a variant it was a FREEBIE and the poster I ordered was also included by Marq. :clap:
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

So yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with whoever thinks the show edition is going to look better than the AE:

rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Damn Maxx...that shitz is hott....officially ISO now :lol:
Non-Fiction
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

RiotAct wrote:So yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with whoever thinks the show edition is going to look better than the AE:

WOW!!!!

Great Job with the paper choice Marq!
:pint:

Nice score Riot Act!
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks guys... I landed #46/50... no bonus variant but Marq did include two small handbills... I think they're both variations on 'Bliss Bug' but i could be wrong
jools
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 pm

schweeet - i though at first the blue of the show edition made the octo pop more, funny cos i emailed Marq and he said something along the lines of thinkin the show ed came out better than the copper and that it would prbably be easy enough to trade a copper for the blue down the line - given that the blue is apparently more of a green and there sadly seem to be some damaged, i'm pretty glad i managed to snag the copper - now i just have to wait another 2 weeks or so for it to make it to blighty. I'm still intrigued to see what the swirl variant is gonna look like.
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

I can say that the octopus almost looks like it pops off of the paper on the copper AE :drool:
HARRYHOOD213
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I got a very small mini today on the swirl I believe and the paper is AMAZING!
dondada
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Received the t-shirt today from merch now and the Moe site. I love it
upseeker
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 pm

I want to add that Mr. Spusta's addition of variants to orders is awesome!! He gives you 2+ for the price of one. How awesome is that (if you're lucky enough)? :D
Nardalus
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

So I received my show edition today. Dinged up hard on both sides + 2 bent corners.

My first impression was that the paper is beautiful! It has a speckled/glitterly look to it.

Very sharp! I wouldn't call it green though. Teal I guess?

The octopus does pop! Great artwork, great paper, great poster, great band.
To bad my copy arrived totally drymounted :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
Nardalus
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:(including right at the bottom part of Spusta's signature which screams out "I'm damaged"). Motherfukkers. Ruined the poster. Can't spoon it out. I just emailed MerchNow support to see what's up with a possible replacement with a proper tube and proper care in rolling the art. I don't hold out much hope, but I'll report back if the story ends well.

So much for my euphoria the night the Spusta store sold out and then was informed that moe's site had the variant I successfully snagged :(
Sorry Rick, I had the same crappy luck with this. Is yours signed/#'d? Mine is neither... Hmmm

Anywho... Here are some crappy pics of this awesome print

Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey Nardalus,
All is not lost... yet. I wrote merchnow and they replied, asking me to send pics of the damage. I did that last night. I'm hoping they send a replacement. I'll keep this thread updated.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Nardalus
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks, I just sent an email to them also. I will report back here when I get a response.

Since mine isn't signed or numbered I wonder how many of these show editions there actually are?
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 pm

I forgot you saying yours wasn't signed or numbered. Mine is singed AND numbered, edition of 200.
If they send a replacement, I hope it's s/n, but even if it's not, I'd like to have a mint copy.
Good luck!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.