Rolling Stones Tour 12 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:52 am

goldenrose wrote:This poster is an insult to both artists. All it does is inspire me to stay the hell away from the stone's tour and shep's artwork. What an absolute waste - so f*cking sad.
totally agree.

If I were to try and defend the stones, I would say that for as long as they were in the industry, I'm sure in hindsight they were completely creased by the record companies and likely many others. I'm sure that in they're overly self centric minds, they feel like they are "owed' this.

Shep is a bit to blame as well. Putting his name on this at least makes him somewhat to blame. He can always say "no." You do more harm than good to his loyal collectors. Not to mention the overpriced oversized train ticket prints he just released, leads me to believe he leans more towards the fleecing philosophy of The Stones than where a lot of artists in this genre would fall.

sad.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

stones merch has always been way overpriced......what are you guys whining about?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
db23
Art Expert

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm

jojobadass wrote:stones merch has always been way overpriced......what are you guys whining about?
totally agree. not sure what the big deal is here. if you guys had enough money to buy a Rolling Stones concert ticket you would have enough money to buy an overpriced concert poster. you think the average person who goes to a Stones show collects screenprinted posters and posts on expressobeans? i have family friends who have paid thousands of dollars to see this band the last 3 tours. a $300 poster is a drop in the bucket to them and many of them frame them up with their ticket stubs, pictures, etc.
Zukov
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 pm

db23 wrote:
jojobadass wrote:stones merch has always been way overpriced......what are you guys whining about?
totally agree. not sure what the big deal is here. if you guys had enough money to buy a Rolling Stones concert ticket you would have enough money to buy an overpriced concert poster. you think the average person who goes to a Stones show collects screenprinted posters and posts on expressobeans? i have family friends who have paid thousands of dollars to see this band the last 3 tours. a $300 poster is a drop in the bucket to them and many of them frame them up with their ticket stubs, pictures, etc.
Granted, but where does Shep fit into all of this? $$$??
Browntrout
EB Team

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Besides everything else that's wrong with this print, many are being offered for sale with damage in the upper right corner. I was at the Newark NJ show last night and the merch guy confirmed every print he has seen were damaged in that spot yet they were still being offered for sale. The ones I saw were #'d in the 270 range. I didn't see one person purchase this print.

On a lighter note I jumped on a $95.00 "limited view" ticket on Ticketmaster last night. John Mayer had an absolutely blistering solo on "Respectable" but the highlight for me had to be the return of Mick Taylor who blew the roof off of the Prudential Center during "Midnight Rambler". Fun show hopefully I can get into the final show Saturday.
db23
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm

it's too bad John Mayer ever released solo music because he's a really good guitar player but one that millions could never take seriously because of his cheesedick songs and his overall douchiness.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Zukov wrote: Granted, but where does Shep fit into all of this? $$$??
branding.

"he's the guy that did the Obama Hope posters"

vs

"who is 'munk one'?"
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

db23 wrote:it's too bad John Mayer ever released solo music because he's a really good guitar player but one that millions could never take seriously because of his cheesedick songs and his overall douchiness.
I always thought this myself, until I saw him come to buddy guy's after the blues fest and both him and robert randolph all played together for free.

Gained a point in my book, but I don't own any of his music. But I never realized he had talent prior to that night.
Common sense, is not that common
Browntrout
EB Team

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

automator
Nobody

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 pm

New image Rolling Stones Tour 12 Fairey

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Browntrout wrote:Up on the Stone's store: http://rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.co ... c=BGAPRS61
705 available. 8)
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

3 hundy? There are some remarkable BGPs for less than this.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
limitedaddictions
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Can't wait till they announce the upcoming 50th anniversary tour!!!
hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 pm

FroDawg wrote:3 hundy? There are some remarkable BGPs for less than this.
I agree, what are some that you would say?
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
morsemoose
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am

Browntrout wrote:Up on the Stone's store: http://rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.co ... c=BGAPRS61
They advertise it as a lithograph, but it's not.