Rolling Stones Tour 12 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Smoke1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:00 am

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 am

A little pricey for sure. My guess is that if the edition was smaller (800), the price was lower...like $200 or $225, and they were for sale on Fairey's website, it would sell out in a couple days.
Smoke1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:00 am

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Sorry to differ from popular opinion, but I kind of like this poster. I pulled the trigger on buying one from the Stones website. Decent Stones concert posters are pretty rare despite the longevity of the band.

I was at the 12/15 Newark pay per view concert and that show was great. These posters were not for sale inside or outside the arena that night, I looked. They were only selling the Walton Ford GRRR Stones signed litho.

Do people really not like the image, or are some people just upset because there's not enough meat on the bone to flip this for a profit? I ask this because I'd guess 1/3 of the Shepard Fairey Zeppelin Celebration Day posters have been flipped (or are for sale right now) in the less than 2 months since its release.
User avatar
hogie777
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:13 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Smoke1 wrote:Sorry to differ from popular opinion, but I kind of like this poster. I pulled the trigger on buying one from the Stones website. Decent Stones concert posters are pretty rare despite the longevity of the band.

I was at the 12/15 Newark pay per view concert and that show was great. These posters were not for sale inside or outside the arena that night, I looked. They were only selling the Walton Ford GRRR Stones signed litho.

Do people really not like the image, or are some people just upset because there's not enough meat on the bone to flip this for a profit? I ask this because I'd guess 1/3 of the Shepard Fairey Zeppelin Celebration Day posters have been flipped (or are for sale right now) in the less than 2 months since its release.
I agree, I like this poster too. It's an iconic image cleverly altered to suit the 50th anniversary. I don't know if I would want anything else in a Stones poster, that tounge is just wicked. I went to the Brooklyn show and really wanted one of these but I couldnt shell out the money after spending an arm and a leg for tickets. I would like to have this on my wall some day.
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Smoke1 wrote:Sorry to differ from popular opinion, but I kind of like this poster. I pulled the trigger on buying one from the Stones website. Decent Stones concert posters are pretty rare despite the longevity of the band.

I was at the 12/15 Newark pay per view concert and that show was great. These posters were not for sale inside or outside the arena that night, I looked. They were only selling the Walton Ford GRRR Stones signed litho.

Do people really not like the image, or are some people just upset because there's not enough meat on the bone to flip this for a profit? I ask this because I'd guess 1/3 of the Shepard Fairey Zeppelin Celebration Day posters have been flipped (or are for sale right now) in the less than 2 months since its release.
I saw these for sale at the lower merch stand on 12/15 as well as the 1st night too, the ones with damage were for sale at the upper merch stands. I wonder if they will try to sell the rest of these at any 2013 show that are sure to take place?
Image
Smoke1
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:00 am

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Wow, maybe I did miss them Browntrout if you saw them at 12/15. I know for sure the outside booth only had the W Ford poster, also for $300. I took quick glances at the inside merch booths and still only saw the Ford one...but I was more concerned about not missing any songs at that point.

My best guess; I don't think they'd sell this poster at any new 2013 shows since it lists the cities from a previous tour.
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Any posters for sale at any of the West coast shows?
Image
User avatar
Fattyramone
Art Expert
Posts: 3336
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

User avatar
artberry
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 pm

little over 300 left
User avatar
thebends9
Art Expert
Posts: 8834
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:48 pm

There were 395 left when they first went on sale Monday
User avatar
gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Crap -- they're back on the site at $300 today.
:hanging:
User avatar
thebends9
Art Expert
Posts: 8834
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I'll sell you one for $250
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:21 pm

gogitchershinebox wrote:Crap -- they're back on the site at $300 today.
:hanging:
excellent - helps with my ebay listing :P
User avatar
gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 pm

fitz wrote:
gogitchershinebox wrote:Crap -- they're back on the site at $300 today.
:hanging:
excellent - helps with my ebay listing :P
I dig it for the same reasons stated by smoke1 and hogie777 and I would have shelled out $100 for it if I had caught the sale in time. Not going to lose sleep or go to fleabay, though. More money for the magnificent Jeff Wood's drop tomorrow...
User avatar
gogitchershinebox
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Just scored a NM one of these via trade and it is magnificente! :drool: Now that I am looking at it in person, I think it is among Shep's best work. The iconic Stones image, elegant simplicity of the lines, density of the red and the black, and excellent choice of lettering make this an instant classic in my book. I can't wait to see this framed-up and on the wall in the living room.
Married members weigh in here -- run it past the warden before taking it to the framer, or bring it home already done? The risk in the latter is obvious, but it comes down to a forgiveness versus permission decision. :lol:
User avatar
danebp
Art Expert
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:03 pm

gogitchershinebox wrote:Just scored a NM one of these via trade and it is magnificente! :drool: Now that I am looking at it in person, I think it is among Shep's best work. The iconic Stones image, elegant simplicity of the lines, density of the red and the black, and excellent choice of lettering make this an instant classic in my book. I can't wait to see this framed-up and on the wall in the living room.
Married members weigh in here -- run it past the warden before taking it to the framer, or bring it home already done? The risk in the latter is obvious, but it comes down to a forgiveness versus permission decision. :lol:
Frame it and ask for forgiveness later if necessary. Just don't tell her how much framing costs - that was my mistake!
Post Reply