Primus New York City 12 English

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am

This topic is dedicated to: Primus New York City 12 English

Browntrout
EB Team

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am

The 3-D effects were impressive from the center of the 2nd level balcony where I was sitting. Needing a break from the 3-D, I went to the merch stand right before set break and confirmed these were all gone and I noticed there was a different 3-d poster being sold with glasses too. English's bio says his style is more along the lines of Warhol, which makes sense.
downtown
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:24 am

The combined effort of Ron, Zoltron & Burlesque makes this a brilliant gig poster and a serious collectors item.
HelloExactly
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 pm

impressive is definitely not a word i would use to describe cheesy windows 95 screensavers. With the level of 3D tech available these days, the 3D angle of this tour is imho, very weak considering that they don't light the band, so you're forced to watch this 4:3 aspect screen of stock footage under screensavers. I've seen Primus a bunch, this was not one of my faves. And those inflatable astronauts simply need to go already.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

I like this poster....or maybe its the boobies.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Browntrout
EB Team

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Don't understand the logic of only selling 100 posters at the merch stand when the editions are 200. Even with the band signed prints & those sold on the artist's web store, the demand for these is greatest from those who actually attend the shows.
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Not always. The number of Primus and poster fans that go to a show is huge compared to the number who don't.

Last edited by fredo on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
piomba
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I like this poster....or maybe its the boobies.
:D
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I sure would like this poster a lot if it was about $75 cheaper
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Yep.
fredo
Art God

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:42 pm

fredo wrote:Not always. The number of Primus and poster fans that go to a show is huge compared to the number who don't.
Uhhhhh....what?
statik
Art Expert

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I received this finally. A few days ago. Not from second market either. No, this was direct from the artist which is pretty sad when you consider how long it took to receive this.

The tube arrived fine. The print itself though? I should of passed. The image is completely washed out. The colors are far from bold. I can't believe I paid $100 + ship for this. I paid HALF this to other artists for Primus tours who have prints that surpass this one in every way possible.

Lesson learned.
drymount your sig!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 pm

What's the lesson? Don't buy from this artist?
I would never have guessed that the image would be washed out. That's a terrible surprise to get after waiting a long time for the poster to arrive. Unfortunately, the time it took for shipping is just a fact of life sometimes from artists, who generally seem to me to be turtles.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
statik
Art Expert

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am

Rick_a_c wrote:What's the lesson? Don't buy from this artist?
I would never have guessed that the image would be washed out. That's a terrible surprise to get after waiting a long time for the poster to arrive. Unfortunately, the time it took for shipping is just a fact of life sometimes from artists, who generally seem to me to be turtles.
Took about two months to receive. We're both in the states too.

Lesson is, never buy direct from Ron's site again. I'll wait to either I can buy something in person at a con or hit up the after market if the price is right and photos of the actual product actually look good.
drymount your sig!