Acedia 12 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Acedia 12 Geddes

wneff
Art Expert

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Acedia feels very different from APV to me, regardless of the similarities in subject and shared artistic excellence. The APV image has an inspiring and empowering quality to it, whereas Acedia feels more shocking and violently out of control. The APV figure appears to have intent and purpose, while the Acedia figure has a passive, sacrificial quality. I think Acedia and APV are gonna look amazing hanging together in the same room.
downtown
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:26 am

So this is over at Levine now ? I'll have to take a stroll over there this week.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 am

downtown wrote:So this is over at Levine now ? I'll have to take a stroll over there this week.
Being so nonchalant about this makes you one of my favorites on here! :)
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

ottomatik71 wrote:
downtown wrote:So this is over at Levine now ? I'll have to take a stroll over there this week.
Being so nonchalant about this makes you one of my favorites on here! :)
:heart:
FOODRAP
Art Expert

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 am

they might look really nice together
I can see where Acedia is like an explosion sent her through
and in APV its like the subject is bursting through. :clap:
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:01 pm

New image Acedia 12 Geddes
Amazing Painting...

wneff
Art Expert

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm

FOODRAP wrote:they might look really nice together
Freaking amazing, I would say. But that's just me.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 am

Jeremy Geddes wrote:Our new print “Acedia” will be available on our website on Tuesday 20th November at approximately 8am Melbourne time.

There is a regular print for $290 AUD (includes packing and postage). The print image is 94cm wide and 50cm high (paper size 104cm x 61cm). The edition is limited to 375 prints and only one per person. It fits into a standard plan press, but it’s a squeeze and is the biggest regular print we’ve done!

There is also a large print for $1200 AUD (includes courier). The print image is 170cm wide and 90cm high (paper size 187cm x 112cm), limited to 15 prints. One per person. It’s super long but can be framed under standard sized acrylic.

Please check your time zones. As a guide, this is Monday 19th November at 1pm in San Francisco, Monday 4pm in New York, and Monday 9pm in London

The purchase button will be uploaded when the print is available and will appear in the top right corner (it is a black purchase button, not a typical paypal button). Please hit F5 to refresh (if this fails, ctrl F5 will reboot the cache). If all else fails try viewing in another browser!
Jeremy Geddes wrote:We’ve also just released two portfolio sets. They have been months and months in the planning and we’re really happy with how they’ve come together. Each set contains 15 lithographs (unsigned), the images in each set are listed on the website. They are printed on heavy weight Knight Vellum card stock and have a similar feel to our prints. They are $29 AUD a set (includes packing and postage) and come in a wrap-around cover.

Click here for the rectangular set
http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/popups/portfoliotwo.html

Click here for the square set
http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/popups/portfolioone.html

And finally, thanks to everyone who was able to make it to “exhale”. It was great to meet you all.

Soph and Jem
I'm so gonna go broke this month.
student42
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 am

Acedia is an amazing piece and I am going (to try) to pick one up, but I still think I prefer APV. Never the less they will look great together.

Still wish they would have gone with a run of 500, even that would not have lasted 15 seconds.
ImageI like pie!
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am

student42 wrote:Acedia is an amazing piece and I am going (to try) to pick one up, but I still think I prefer APV. Never the less they will look great together.

Still wish they would have gone with a run of 500, even that would not have lasted 15 seconds.
I'm glad they increased the edition size from 250 to 375. I agree that a run of 500 would still sell out in a flash, but at least more people will have a chance to own this.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Atlas
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 am

Well, fudge. Am I going to have to branch out beyond Mondo? This is beautiful.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 am

This is an amazing looking piece of work. I haven't rolled the dice on one of Jeremy's pieces before but this print will be amazing - and I might have to try and pick one up. Would love to see the original one day. :drool: The effects of the light and shadow in this piece are superb.

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 am

kansasbbq wrote:
student42 wrote:Acedia is an amazing piece and I am going (to try) to pick one up, but I still think I prefer APV. Never the less they will look great together.

I'm glad they increased the edition size from 250 to 375. I agree that a run of 500 would still sell out in a flash, but at least more people will have a chance to own this.
The problem here isn't the edition size. It is them telling every single person exactly when the print will drop.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:51 am

They both have similarities in color, texture, imagery, feel, placement, distance, and etc... What pops in my head more than anything else is they both are painted facing the same way in about the same positions. APV is less scary. Not very bright sometimes in why a painting feels a certain way or even why it was painted a certain way. The glass is scary in APV to me because Soph might land on the glass. Same for the brinks. Guess I've come to understand APV a bit mroe and do not understand this new piece. Definitely has a similar feel, but scarier. IDK
Every morning I awake as someone else.