Halloween 12 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Ok, art. I understand. Which is all I can do: Disagree yet understand. I again say that as a fan, I would love to have that piece. As a taylor/mondo fan/halloween watcher/collector—I understand how it can destroy the perception of beauty/perfection to some.
Last edited by thisisjosh on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeslieVernon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm

thisisjosh wrote:
LeslieVernon wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:Absolutely Disagree, but I'm biased as a fan of everything Halloween.
I'm a massive fan as well, which is why I hate to see the artwork trampled on. :wink:
That is so odd to me. Artwork trampled on. I think you're a bigger fan of owning the piece (which is totally fine) than of the film.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but you're not correct.

Just a little history - I grew up with Halloween, having watched it dozens of times in the 80's from the time when I was about 10 years old. My first copy was an awful transfer on Betamax. Then came (at that time) the holy grail - the VHS orange widescreen copy. Then DVD, and blah blah. Halloween is my favorite movie of all time.

So no, I am not a bigger fan of owning the piece than the film. But it doesn't take away from the fact that along with the AUS Daybill and the 1-sheet, this print is the best Halloween poster around. So when I see signatures all over it, I don't dig it.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't care about that stuff, man. Or rather, I'm sorry for undermining your love for the series. I just think it's a bit much to call something ruined when it might not be to others.

and now that I've typed that, I realize how little I actually care..which happens to me sometimes with varying opinions. What actually matters? Zero. Unless you're the person that buys or doesn't buy it. ..... -_-
LeslieVernon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Care or not, I was just explaining why your opinion about me is wrong. That's all.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:41 pm

thisisjosh wrote:I don't care about that stuff, man. Or rather, I'm sorry for undermining your love for the series. I just think it's a bit much to call something ruined when it might not be to others.

and now that I've typed that, I realize how little I actually care..which happens to me sometimes with varying opinions. What actually matters? Zero. Unless you're the person that buys or doesn't buy it. ..... -_-
My lady thinks it's hilarious that you can see the wrench when he smashes the window. She thinks it's cheesy and I just informed that it is that time of the year again and I am due for a viewing ....she's not a fan. As awesome as she is, she hates horror movies pre-2000 because she says they aren't scary at all and are super cheesy. Trying to line up Halloween, trick r treat, poltergeist and the exorcist :D

Josh and Leslie which print do you prefer? Reg or var? I prefer reg. btw leslie behind the mask is criminally underrated. drymounting love that movie
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:she hates horror movies pre-2000 because she says they aren't scary at all and are super cheesy. Trying to line up Halloween, trick r treat, poltergeist and the exorcist :D
I feel the exact opposite as I don't find modern horror all that scary some of it can be pretty hard to watch but none of it scares me like the older classics did. Could be I am much older now though. :D
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
LeslieVernon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:I don't care about that stuff, man. Or rather, I'm sorry for undermining your love for the series. I just think it's a bit much to call something ruined when it might not be to others.

My lady thinks it's hilarious that you can see the wrench when he smashes the window. She thinks it's cheesy and I just informed that it is that time of the year again and I am due for a viewing ....she's not a fan. As awesome as she is, she hates horror movies pre-2000 because she says they aren't scary at all and are super cheesy. Trying to line up Halloween, trick r treat, poltergeist and the exorcist :D

Josh and Leslie which print do you prefer? Reg or var? I prefer reg. btw leslie behind the mask is criminally underrated. drymounting love that movie
Both are fantastic prints, but I do prefer the variant because of the orange. Can go wrong with either though!

And I agree about Behind the Mask. The did a Kickstarter to fund the sequel, but it failed to raise the funds. Hopefully someday!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 pm

LeslieVernon wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:

Both are fantastic prints, but I do prefer the variant because of the orange. Can go wrong with either though!

And I agree about Behind the Mask. The did a Kickstarter to fund the sequel, but it failed to raise the funds. Hopefully someday!
Yes, I was so disappointed when "Before the Mask" failed to reach its Kickstarter goal!
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Kramerica wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:she hates horror movies pre-2000 because she says they aren't scary at all and are super cheesy. Trying to line up Halloween, trick r treat, poltergeist and the exorcist :D
I feel the exact opposite as I don't find modern horror all that scary some of it can be pretty hard to watch but none of it scares me like the older classics did. Could be I am much older now though. :D
I believe there are a select few that capture the atmosphere of the older ones, but horror movies now really don't hold a candle to the classics. I was born in the early 90s but thankfully my father showed me all the classics, but trying to get people my age to watch something like the original exorcist? Forget it. Especially if it's black and white. How does everyone feel about the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween?
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm

LeslieVernon wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:

The variant is so much more subtle than the reg, both prints use their colors well (though I'm partial to red). They are both so good that you literally can't go wrong with either.
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:50 pm

jmcfilm just sold this for $300... can anyone confirm?
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 pm

It'll be just another heathunter relisting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
thevintageguy

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:12 pm

soam24 wrote:jmcfilm just sold this for $300... can anyone confirm?
I seen that too! Lucky someone!
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm sure he sold that variant for $600 too :rolling:
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:I'm sure he sold that variant for $600 too :rolling:

right