Hostile Takeover 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
TheRedOne
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 08, 2007 9:24 am

Creatively, this is just like the Presidential Seal. That had a black and red as well. Isn't anyone sick of him doing the same thing over and over? I feel like he barely gives any thought to these and just churns them out week after week.
arodri70
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 9:40 am

TheRedOne wrote:Creatively, this is just like the Presidential Seal. That had a black and red as well. Isn't anyone sick of him doing the same thing over and over? I feel like he barely gives any thought to these and just churns them out week after week.
i agree on the color scheme and similarity to the pres. seal however the design in the middle of the print is great and well thought out, i am going to go for the black :!:
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 9:43 am

MattStrine wrote:It's always made me wonder what size their press is. Hypothetically, since the colorways are always very similar (red and black in this case and in Peace Tree for instance), they could run a couple different posters at once. Imagine how much cheaper it would be to run a month's worth of prints at once versus weekly printing? Just thinking out loud... really no point... :?
not possible he has to change the color plates and the inks so either way it would cost the same. Plus th process of getting a color right usually takes quite some time for each print. also unless you have a flash drier you will have to wait till the first ink dries to add the next color. so running duplex wouldnt make much sence.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 9:45 am

TheRedOne wrote:Creatively, this is just like the Presidential Seal. That had a black and red as well. Isn't anyone sick of him doing the same thing over and over? I feel like he barely gives any thought to these and just churns them out week after week.
all these prints are building up to the two sided piece. These are small images plucked out of a larger one. these are just pieces of the puzzle
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2007 10:19 am

I'm not going to try for these, unless there is someone on here that can't do the sale..
pm me if you want to work something out, I'm not looking for a profit, I'll just be here and I'm good at getting Obey posters(thanks to the Pearl Jam messed up ticket sales last tour, same tactics)
Not looking for a profit, or anything really, as long as you want it for your personal collection and it won't wind up on ebay, PM me.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 10:43 am

pjtaper wrote:I'm not going to try for these, unless there is someone on here that can't do the sale..
pm me if you want to work something out, I'm not looking for a profit, I'll just be here and I'm good at getting Obey posters(thanks to the Pearl Jam messed up ticket sales last tour, same tactics)
Not looking for a profit, or anything really, as long as you want it for your personal collection and it won't wind up on ebay, PM me.
pjtaper: the great equalizer.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 am

I'll take what I can get :D

equalizing is good!
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 11:43 am

when r these going off, i want to try for my first obey poster!
steraser
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 08, 2007 11:45 am

relentlesskevin wrote:when r these going off, i want to try for my first obey poster!
today, noon PST-bring beer
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 am

Noon PST... but I bet people will actually start to be able to get them at 12:10 PST...
1PM Mountain
2PM Central
3PM Eastern
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 am

steraser wrote:
relentlesskevin wrote:when r these going off, i want to try for my first obey poster!
and cigs, the sales get stressful...
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am

pjtaper wrote:
steraser wrote:
and cigs, the sales get stressful...
All ready to go!
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Yes, I agree....they all look the same and aren't really that powerful.
Yet, we all line up each week for a dose of frustration! Lemmings we are! Like a print version of crack!
For Obey, it's like a license to print money.
Hey! There's an idea. An Obey version of a $100 bill. That might be sweet. But he would have to use three colors and, apparant by the recent one-color works, that would be to much work!
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue May 08, 2007 12:08 pm

freaksmeout wrote:Yes, I agree....they all look the same and aren't really that powerful.
Yet, we all line up each week for a dose of frustration! Lemmings we are! Like a print version of crack!
For Obey, it's like a license to print money.
Hey! There's an idea.
An Obey version of a $100 bill. That might be sweet. But he would have to use three colors and, apparant by the recent one-color works, that would be to much work!
funny you should mention it...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 pm

OK, I am trying for a black for one person and a red for another...
good luck everyone!