The Little Guy That Lives Inside My Brain 21 Crumb

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:33 pm

admiller
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:55 am

Need this
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 am

driver?
RattlesnakinDaddy

Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:15 am

This sucker sold out in less than eight hours! Alexander Wood claimed R. Crumb "slightly reworked" the illustration for this etching. Anybody know what was changed?
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:42 pm

The differences are indeed slight. Very small changes to the spacing and size. I think he tried to flatten the room with less curl. The only other change is the letters on the sign. Maybe a newspaper or magazine version scaled the image and changed the lettering but I dont think it was the print included in the Taschen book.

Its incredible Crumb is still releasing work. Republished or not, love the guy. Wish he never moved to France. He doesnt give a drymount, he'd rather listen and make music all day while getting piggyback rides from women.