Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:51 am

dineomite wrote:I was actually the one that won the auction. At first, I too, thought this might be the same print from The Giant; after comparing both signatures they're clearly not the same print. The copy on The Giant has some serious issues. I counted at least two significant creases in that thing, and that wasn't the best photo in the world. It looks like there's some funkiness going on in the bottom left corner. What do you suppose a print with those issues is worth?

That being said, I've wanted this print for a very long time. I was actually quite shocked to see it go for less than a grand. It does look like it's been stored in a tube, but since it's going in a frame and I have no intention of reselling it - I'm not too bothered. This is definitely one of my favorite images from SF.
Congrats. The pics were pretty good and it looked to be in good shape. Someday I will pick up one of these.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17571
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:33 am

dineomite wrote:I was actually the one that won the auction. At first, I too, thought this might be the same print from The Giant; after comparing both signatures they're clearly not the same print. The copy on The Giant has some serious issues. I counted at least two significant creases in that thing, and that wasn't the best photo in the world. It looks like there's some funkiness going on in the bottom left corner. What do you suppose a print with those issues is worth?

That being said, I've wanted this print for a very long time. I was actually quite shocked to see it go for less than a grand. It does look like it's been stored in a tube, but since it's going in a frame and I have no intention of reselling it - I'm not too bothered. This is definitely one of my favorite images from SF.
Congrats!

This was back in Shep's golden days, when 95% of his releases weren't utter shite :)
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 pm

2007 was a great year but 95% is a bit of an overstatement IMO
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Jarrod
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 am

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

there's a 2014 version of this that was a benefit for Americans for the Arts. It's 22 x 30" and an edition of 50.
I was going to add it to eb but thought I'd ask for advice if it should be listed as an edition or new piece.
thanks much

JF
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9504
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 am

Jarrod wrote:there's a 2014 version of this that was a benefit for Americans for the Arts. It's 22 x 30" and an edition of 50.
I was going to add it to eb but thought I'd ask for advice if it should be listed as an edition or new piece.
thanks much

JF
It should be added under the current print as a 2014 Edition.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131160
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 pm

New image Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131160
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm

New image Monkey Pod Tree 05 Fairey


Image
Post Reply