Update: February 1, 2024: EB Art of the Year Fiasco and New Team Members

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:50 pm

If that Reservoir Dogs poster was released in 2024 and it got two votes as art of the week ( I think that’s the criteria for making the year end list ) , it would have an opportunity to win CINEMA poster of 2024.. if it had the most votes.

*** If someone didn’t mistakenly put it in the wrong category and a bunch of numb nuts didn’t vote for it even though it was in the wrong catagory.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Iracles wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:39 pm
If this were released tomorrow, would it be eligible for the Poster of the Year award?

To be clear, this is a sincere question as I am incredibly invested in this thread.
No.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:52 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:51 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:40 pm
Should also add must not be a noob (the category of user, not some cut on anyone) to vote. You shouldn't be able to just stroll up and brigade because someone asked you to. Participate on the site, then you get a vote.
this.
Could someone apply to American politics as well? Kthxbai
wi22azor
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:18 pm

Glad to see Spusta getting the honors!
What's up with the children's cartoon poster with no event dates nor location? When is that going to be removed from the poster category and awards?
Bluey https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/317778
Please redefine "art print" and add a 4th category for EB's "catch all"
fredo
Art God

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:19 am

I was told that there would be cake. There is no cake.
just a foil for me today, thanks
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:52 pm

KipPotapych wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:38 pm
“Historically”, poster of the year category included all kinds of ish. For example:

But there was no cinema category at the time. Horkey clearly doesn’t belong there though because there was an art of the year category.

Since some have confusion about what a poster is and what it isn’t, there should be clear distinction among the categories and the category should be looked at by those who approve the listings before approving. Otherwise, we have what we have.

If any of it really matters.
I know this isn't the point of your post, but I'd argue that Midwestern Heart could be in the poster category. It's for a gallery show of the same name and sports a title, date, and location.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 am

KSUvet wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:52 pm
KipPotapych wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:38 pm
“Historically”, poster of the year category included all kinds of ish. For example:

But there was no cinema category at the time. Horkey clearly doesn’t belong there though because there was an art of the year category.

Since some have confusion about what a poster is and what it isn’t, there should be clear distinction among the categories and the category should be looked at by those who approve the listings before approving. Otherwise, we have what we have.

If any of it really matters.
I know this isn't the point of your post, but I'd argue that Midwestern Heart could be in the poster category. It's for a gallery show of the same name and sports a title, date, and location.
The Moss has a date on it too. It was a screening event poster.
kamrunrubaseo
New User

Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:43 am

video game poster is really growing on me
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:37 am

that's a bot as well
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:28 pm

Looks like we're havin' a little fun again here in EB World!

:hanging:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
kamrunruba
New User

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:44 am

The EB Art of the Year fiasco was quite the scandal. It stirred up a lot of controversy in the art world and beyond. It's a stark reminder of the power dynamics and politics that often overshadow artistic merit in these kinds of competitions. As for the new team members, it's always exciting to see fresh faces bring their perspectives and talents to the table. Hopefully, they can help steer things in a more positive direction and rebuild trust with the community.
kamrunruba
New User

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 am

The EB Art of the Year fiasco was quite the scandal. It stirred up a lot of controversy in the art world and beyond. It's a stark reminder of the power dynamics and politics that often overshadow artistic merit in these kinds of competitions. As for the new team members, it's always exciting to see fresh faces bring their perspectives and talents to the table. Hopefully, they can help steer things in a more positive direction and rebuild trust with the community. :notworthy: