Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:51 pm

jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.
drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6008
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 pm

downforcemedia wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.
drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.
Link please
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
downforcemedia
Art Expert
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm
Location: Mexicola

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 pm

jjttdw wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I've gotten back the $20 or so donation in entertainment from this thread alone.
drymount, I felt even after the "Toaster Boy" meltdown.
Link please
BNG thread. It was locked. Not sure if it is open again. Dude unloaded on BNG. Got banned. Alted up and came back. Still not sure why he was so mad. Ha Ha!

EDIT: Just checked. It has been sanitized. Just a rumor in the wind now . . .
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
whalaw
Site Admin
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Creation88 wrote:how has there not been an update on this or a beta site release?
this is bordering on a scam tbh.
Ha. Far from a "scam," at least with/from anyone representing Expressobeans.com. However, I do think an update is in order:

We have been back in touch with the contracted site designer/creator. We've been reassured by them that they will complete the project and they are to provide us with an updated timeline for the completion. We haven't received the updated timeline as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get that soon. In addition, we're in contact with other designers/creators and they are looking at the site in case the current designer/creator disappears on us again.
User avatar
felocin
Art Expert
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Northern California

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:23 pm

whalaw wrote:
Creation88 wrote:how has there not been an update on this or a beta site release?
this is bordering on a scam tbh.
Ha. Far from a "scam," at least with/from anyone representing Expressobeans.com. However, I do think an update is in order:

We have been back in touch with the contracted site designer/creator. We've been reassured by them that they will complete the project and they are to provide us with an updated timeline for the completion. We haven't received the updated timeline as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get that soon. In addition, we're in contact with other designers/creators and they are looking at the site in case the current designer/creator disappears on us again.
:clap: Thank you!
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks for the update whalaw!
So it goes...
User avatar
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm

FIVERRD.jpg
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51408
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:56 pm

At least the update is from the lawyer this time.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17522
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:28 pm

are they ready for UAT yet?
Image
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
whalaw
Site Admin
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 pm

RiotAct wrote:are they ready for UAT yet?
No, but I think we are close. There was limited testing several months ago by the Board of Directors, but it also coincided with the "disappearance" of the designer/creator. There has been renewed contact and reassurances recently, but nothing further. Hopefully, we're, again, heading in the right direction. We'll know more once we receive the updated timeline, which we're expecting presently.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51408
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Do ya at least know who to sue when the time comes?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
whalaw
Site Admin
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when the time comes?
Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4112
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:35 pm

whalaw wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when the time comes?
Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.
Sic Blue on them developer-types...it will be an experience they will NEVER forget and we'll have a new EB on Monday. :P
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6008
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:23 pm

FroDawg wrote:
whalaw wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya at least know who to sue when the time comes?
Yes, but our hope is it doesn't come down to that. We just want them to complete the job under the contract they signed. But, if not, we'll do what we have to do to protect the interests of Expressobeans.com.
Sic Blue on them developer-types...it will be an experience they will NEVER forget and we'll have a new EB on Monday. :P
He can send an email asking about progress every time he posts here. They will get the message.

I lived on a gravel road once. The dude 2 doors down wanted the street paved. He called the county twice a day to make the request. This continued for 9 months until the lady on the other end of the phone asked what it would take to get him to stop calling. He said "pave my street." 5 days later it was paved. Never underestimate the power of pester.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51408
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Squeaky wheel def gets the grease in the biznaz world.

P.S. Our city has an app for requests like pothole fixing and other fudge like dat. It's pretty schweet.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Post Reply