Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

All that work you’re doing? It’s pointless!

Your life? Meaningless!

Does anybody love you? No!

Do you smell horrible? You bet you do stinky!

Does everyone remember that really socially awkward thing you did that one time? It’s the only thing people think about when your name comes up!

Also

Can you add in that Mr. Brainwash Justice League print to the database?
Thanks.
That's what she said
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Wanted to give an update of sorts, since nobody else seems to be doing much of that anymore (despite the fact that I hardly know fudge about fudge). I've just sent a, rather strongly worded, email to the seven members of the Board of Directors for the site, co-signed by four of the last remaining non-board team members/volunteers that I reached out to to join me (1nkling, pewter14, theperfecttree, and younevrknow). We're demanding action from each of them by Friday. This is, without exaggeration, my last attempt at getting them to uphold their responsibilities to the community and fulfill their commitments to you all, before I finally give up, myself. You all haven't seen much of this, but I've been complaining quite a lot to them over the last couple months, and especially over the last few weeks (I guess some of it has actually spilled into this thread). I'm trying my best to be a voice for the community, but there's only so much I can do. Anyway, just wanted to let you know.
(Can't wait to see what sort of derision this evokes from mr. grey toast)
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:17 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks Mike! :clap: I’m glad my harsh words forced your hand and got you to actually do something that might lead to action. :P
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Had nothing to do with what you said. This has been percolating for a bit. All you accomplished was offending me.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:might lead to action.
Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm

mfaith wrote:Wanted to give an update of sorts, since nobody else seems to be doing much of that anymore (despite the fact that I hardly know fudge about fudge). I've just sent a, rather strongly worded, email to the seven members of the Board of Directors for the site, co-signed by four of the last remaining non-board team members/volunteers that I reached out to to join me (1nkling, pewter14, theperfecttree, and younevrknow). We're demanding action from each of them by Friday. This is, without exaggeration, my last attempt at getting them to uphold their responsibilities to the community and fulfill their commitments to you all, before I finally give up, myself. You all haven't seen much of this, but I've been complaining quite a lot to them over the last couple months, and especially over the last few weeks (I guess some of it has actually spilled into this thread). I'm trying my best to be a voice for the community, but there's only so much I can do. Anyway, just wanted to let you know.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 pm

mfaith wrote:Had nothing to do with what you said. This has been percolating for a bit. All you accomplished was offending me.
No fudge dude, tongue out icon, duh.

Never knew you to be so sensitive, usually you are on the thick-skinned side. Guess I struck a chord. Sorry.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
bert
Art Expert

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Thanks Mfaith - appreciate your efforts with chasing them (and all the work you put into the DB).
jpicken
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 am

Thanks Mfaith for fighting the good fight. I hope it has a positive impact.
ImageX5
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:13 pm

bert wrote:Thanks Mfaith - appreciate your efforts with chasing them (and all the work you put into the DB).
:clap:
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

maybe it worked Faithy - this is the first day in a long time that I'm able to navigate the site and actually post replies.

Appreciate that you keep fighting for and adding to the site. I would have given up a long time ago if I was in your place. I just like posting puns and gifs mostly, but I do really "use" this site a lot for exploring art and the market for certain things. I don't buy much, I don't flip much, but I appreciate that you've made researching all that a lot easier over the years by your constant work adding to the database.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:15 pm

mfaith is the Bob Costas of EB!
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Mr. Brainwash Justice League print added yet tho?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 pm

mr_rugby wrote:mfaith is the Bob Costas of EB!
so what you're saying is he's getting let go soon?