EB Site Assistance - Can You Help?

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
lujborg
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:Soooo no updates?

come on. what's that quote? "remember where you are"? :lol:
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm

dudddddue, why the drymount is it logging me out every click? :hanging: I'm sure i'm not the only one.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Captcha coming soon :D
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:57 pm

lujborg wrote:
mfaith wrote:Don't really see how a shopify app would fit in. EB is a discussion forum and a venue for people to transact with one another. And evolving out of that, it's become a source of record. But never really getting involved with the transactions themselves.

a shopify app like jojo described has nothing to do with "getting involved in the transactions themselves" any more than when the final price from an ebay sale is recorded into the print sale history. what he's referring to if i'm getting this is something that will automatically record his sales from his shopify store when they happen. and when something sells, it gets removed from his FS list on EB. and when he adds new inventory to his store, it gets added to his inventory on eb. Jojo doesn't have the time to do these menial tasks himself, so why not automate the process? it's a great idea.

first and foremost by the way, eb is:

"a wealth of information about graphic art including dimensions, edition size, medium and technique, eBay auction tracking, past and current sales histories, price averages, and much more."

so not sure where you think a source of record has "evolved" as some sort of ancillary service that came up without intention. The forum is a secondary function of this site, the database is the secret sauce. If anything it's a database of historical record first and a discussion/buying/selling/trading platform second.
So that's what that hippie was trying to say.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

lujborg wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:Soooo no updates?

come on. what's that quote? "remember where you are"? :lol:
Can't really give an update when there isn't info to disclose at this point. As any of you who have done ownership know already, there's a LOT of talking and planning before any actions take place. When we have designed and confirmed the course of action, it will be posted.
Tra la la la la...
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:44 pm

6 months... no update, nothing to disclose :roll:

but lots of talking and planning! :lol:

As someone who works in web already knows, it doesn't take this long. :wink:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 pm

6 months since this post, yes, but wasn't the site broken for several months prior as well?
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:03 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:6 months... no update, nothing to disclose :roll:

but lots of talking and planning! :lol:

As someone who works in web already knows, it doesn't take this long. :wink:
To disclose - nope. As "someone who works in web", I think you'd be experienced with NOT talking about things until plans are in place. Note also that EB isn't a "regular business" - for those of us that work on the site, it's when we have time - not a 9 to 5 job. If it was my full-time gig then yes, I could put a lot more energy into this part of things.
Sadly, we haven't won the lottery here as of yet, so I can't devote all my time and energy to my hobbies instead of keeping it a priority to keep paying the household bills... :roll:
Tra la la la la...
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Yamar wrote:As "someone who works in web", I think you'd be experienced with NOT talking about things until plans are in place.
:lol: ok

hope to get an update in 2017!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Maybe mfaith can help teach you how to balance your work/EB life?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Maybe y'all could make an effort to help and be part of the solution...
I know that you are trolling, so I'm not going to continue the discussion. But really, what each of you are posting is doing NOTHING to help the situation, nothing to support it. Sorry that things aren't magically moving as fast as you'd like. Unfortunately, I can't make things go as fast as I want them either. But I also know that there isn't a whole lot that I can do with or about that - I simply don't have as much time as I wish I could have for it.
Tra la la la la...
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

What can we do to help? It isn't exactly a transparent process.

Once there is a plan and cash needs are determined, I'm happy to make a donation. Beyond that, I'm not sure what more I can do.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:27 pm

alittle wrote:What can we do to help? It isn't exactly a transparent process.

Once there is a plan and cash needs are determined, I'm happy to make a donation. Beyond that, I'm not sure what more I can do.
Well... it's not like we can have 50 people trying to plan this. Even with 7, it can be complicated.
And no - this isn't a transparent process. This is a BUSINESS. If it was a public non-profit, then yes - there would be a greater call for what goes on but even then, you don't post everything which transpires. That's just not a way that any business is run and it's not a realistic way of doing things.

Beyond that, yes - it's a matter of being patient, if you please. And no - posting cheap shots and cracks isn't hurting a whole lot of anything - I have a thicker skin than that and know that I will just walk away from conversations with those who can't show simple respect to those that give their time to a community. But it's not helping either, I think all of you are adults enough to know that at least.
Tra la la la la...
fredo
Art God

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 pm

I still like EB.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:00 pm

alittle or myself are not trolling. Many people, in many threads have offered technical and financial support. What other help and support do you want? Just smile and nod?

Nobody is expecting you to release the 2017 EB Business Plan, but I'm sure a few are curious at what stage the process is in.

I'd be happy to link you up with a few developers I've used in the past. Despite the mishmash of tech this site is built on, it's not too complicated and I'm sure the project could be scoped in a day or two, if you have your business objectives put together.

Do you really think it is out of the question for your "customers" to be curious about the status of your "BUSINESS" (not a "regular business") when they spend hours a day interacting with it, making financial donations to support it, adding data to grow it? Especially when the site often goes through periods of lack of functionality? The admins are the ones who posted 2 threads about this issue 5/6 months ago without any further updates; I really don't think asking for an update should put you so much on the defensive...