2nd Annual Art of the Year Contest

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
User avatar
sunsetbrew
Art Expert
Posts: 3622
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 am

It will close voting at 1:01 AM server time. That is about 50 minutes from now.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51416
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 am

Will you tell us how many people voted when it's all said and done?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
sunsetbrew
Art Expert
Posts: 3622
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:16 am

Codeblue wrote:Will you tell us how many people voted when it's all said and done?
Sure, so far it is 483 votes.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51416
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am

Wow, that's much lower than I thought it would be.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 7985
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 am

Very much lower...

I guess it shows how just a few votes can change results big time... and how the results aren't that much significant of the community preferences..
turnJBup
Art Expert
Posts: 8885
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am
Location: California

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:39 am

sunsetbrew wrote:It will close voting at 1:01 AM server time. That is about 50 minutes from now.
Should I stay up then?



PS.
I just ppalled you.... thanks!
User avatar
sabotage
Art Expert
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 am

sunsetbrew wrote:It will close voting at 1:01 AM server time. That is about 50 minutes from now.
Does that mean the results will be available immediately? Or is there some tallying of the votes process first?
User avatar
sunsetbrew
Art Expert
Posts: 3622
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:10 am

Tally is based on a query which will happen faster than you can blank an eye. so you will see the results immediately.

This is all automatic.
Image
User avatar
dougr
Site Admin
Posts: 9757
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:13 am

big ol' congrats to EMEK! :dance: :rockin: :rock: :rockin: :dance:
User avatar
galactus43
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am

sunsetbrew wrote:Tally is based on a query which will happen faster than you can blank an eye. so you will see the results immediately.

This is all automatic.
Would be interesting to see the number of votes per print.
User avatar
samverrill
Art Expert
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Brooklyn
Contact:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 am

galactus43 wrote:
Would be interesting to see the number of votes per print.
Yea, I agree. But congrats to Emek... I was pulling for the Slater (well I was really pulling for the Jay Ryan, but oh well...)
Great art for an important cause: http://screensnspokes.org
User avatar
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 16438
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:00 am
Location: D.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:56 am

edit, wait, wrong link...
Great words won't cover ugly actions; good frames won't save bad paintings...
whalaw
Site Admin
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:06 pm

dougr wrote:big ol' congrats to EMEK! :dance: :rockin: :rock: :rockin: :dance:
User avatar
kyle
Art Expert
Posts: 7090
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 am
Location: HumanHorkeyHelmet

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:37 pm

:thumbdown:

jeff wood, jam in the dam = most well done poster of any year, beating any and all flying mammals.

what the f*ck is wrong with you people :lol:
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
turnJBup
Art Expert
Posts: 8885
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am
Location: California

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:04 pm

kyle wrote::thumbdown:

jeff wood, jam in the dam = most well done poster of any year, beating any and all flying mammals.

what the f*ck is wrong with you people :lol:
I guess people know who Rick Griffin is and how much more difficult it is to to a real silkscreen.... just guessing. :D
Locked