EBeans AoTY / PoTY / CPoTY voting is live

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 pm

SPICOLEI wrote:Just allow an artist to only win once.
I don't really like that idea. After a few years of it, when an artist is picked, you then have to start wondering if they were truly the best artist of the year, or the best artist of the year except for these other 4 guys who won before. I think it would be a neat vote to have and to discuss and debate. But if we have it at all it should be a clean slate each year, imho.
So it goes...
SPICOLEI
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 pm

mfaith wrote:
SPICOLEI wrote:Just allow an artist to only win once.
I don't really like that idea. After a few years of it, when an artist is picked, you then have to start wondering if they were truly the best artist of the year, or the best artist of the year except for these other 4 guys who won before. I think it would be neat to have and to discuss and debate. But it should be a clean slate each year, imho.
Good point mfaith, if an artist wins multiple times then so be it. They produced the best work within the given year and earned it. Makes sense.
Image Image Image Image
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Also surprised by my picks...

Haven't even seen it yet, but can't imagine it not being gorgeous in person!

Zoltron nailed that Gobstopper version!

Wish I had pulled the trigger on this at the time :shock:
Last edited by Scottjohnston on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmerel
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Unofficial Artist of The Year, 2014....

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 6#p2901956
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't really know how I ended with PF ...would probably do it differently, but no real stand-out in cinema posters this year. Art prints were hell to navigate, what a mess.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 pm

These results are not going to be good, least what I finished with. I would highly disagree with myself aside from my welker phish gig poster. Some how I ended up with a fight club print I didnt even consider buying.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 pm

FlapJack wrote: Image

I don't really know how I ended with PF ...would probably do it differently, but no real stand-out in cinema posters this year. Art prints were hell to navigate, what a mess.
Glad this is getting so much love
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:11 am

Gig:

Art:

Cinema:

whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:27 am

gp:

art (fortunately Naiad was in this category so I could vote for in here vs gp):

cinema (animated film or not, love this print. great composition and everything I want in a movie print. FOTR is going to be amazing but strikes me as more of an art print):
Hutwe
Art Expert

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:54 pm

GP - Image
This was my winner from the start and it showed up on the first screen, which sucked because I didn't get to gratuitously vote for my shitty gp once. :/

Art - Image
Went in with a completely different winner in mind, that changed 4 or 5 times, and this came out on top; barely beat out 'Fight or Flight'.

Movie - Image
tabBOCKalypse
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:54 pm

I wanted to go with Miles Tsang for GP of the year but choosing between these two, even though they were for different nights, felt like the classic "reg > variant" debate..

ImageImage
blog
Art Expert

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:27 pm

turnJBup wrote:An irrelevant, unknown, cheesy cartoon artist that feels he is qualified to do controversial racist figure in a superman pose is embarrassing.
Only topped by the legions on fuckwads who back his money grab. Love to see a fudge ton of skinheads crash his next art show and make his bullshit real. drymounting douchbags.

A cartoon of person who killed millions of women and children as the art of the year?
drymount you.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
kyler4444
Art Expert

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:22 pm

blog wrote:
turnJBup wrote:An irrelevant, unknown, cheesy cartoon artist that feels he is qualified to do controversial racist figure in a superman pose is embarrassing.
Only topped by the legions on fuckwads who back his money grab. Love to see a fudge ton of skinheads crash his next art show and make his bullshit real. drymounting douchbags.

A cartoon of person who killed millions of women and children as the art of the year?
drymount you.
Mitchell is a tool but he has the right to free speech and we have to accept the good with the bad when it comes to free speech. That said, the artwork sucks so you don't have to worry about it winning POTY or AOTY or whatever it is.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 pm

I tried to vote for movie poster, but I didn't see anything I liked on the first page. Oh well...
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
veltri
Art Expert

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Anything better on the second page will override your selection on the first page.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.