fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:01 pm

MEBGA
just a foil for me today, thanks
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:11 pm

Lurked on this site for better part of a year before I signed up mid 2011...and the art listed in Print/Poster of the year was a great way for me to get hip to what was released in any given year. Definitely put me on to art/artists I didn't know about. As a resource, it was up there with pricing history and ISO/Trade listings.

The fact Esao's Community Zoo is no where to be seen on the Print list, when in fact it should be tied with Civ II for Print of Year '22, not the "art print version" of the 3rd place Cinema poster is a damn shame.

Or is it because it came out so late in the year? When Esao dropped Cloisters at the end of 2015 we lost our minds and it won APOTY expeditiously.

My solution?
More Esao, less double ups with gig/movie.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 pm

Remember the year Horkey won cinemaPOTY for a Lohdada Ringz that wasn’t printed until the next year? I do! That one was a hot mess, too. Crazy illustration of course, but…

Love for the Hork had gone global at the time.
just a foil for me today, thanks
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:27 pm

I'd hazard to guess that Esao's greatest hits print was omitted because it was never nominated for poster of the week. Think someone mentioned previously that that's a prerequisite.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:29 pm

fredo wrote:
Remember the year Horkey won cinemaPOTY for a Lohdada Ringz that wasn’t printed until the next year? I do! That one was a hot mess, too. Crazy illustration of course, but…

That was 2014?

2013 Horkey ran the table, but also pulled the Art pint win/Gig print win for the same poster, although there was a slight variation.
Won movie with There Will Be Blood, which of course was a given that year.
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:30 pm

meskell wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:27 pm
I'd hazard to guess that Esao's greatest hits print was omitted because it was never nominated for poster of the week. Think someone mentioned previously that that's a prerequisite.
Oh damn it was my fault. I usually try to tire pump my faves. Sorry Esao
papaver
Tech Team Member

Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:56 pm

jeffzilla wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:11 pm
Lurked on this site for better part of a year before I signed up mid 2011...and the art listed in Print/Poster of the year was a great way for me to get hip to what was released in any given year. Definitely put me on to art/artists I didn't know about. As a resource, it was up there with pricing history and ISO/Trade listings.

The fact Esao's Community Zoo is no where to be seen on the Print list, when in fact it should be tied with Civ II for Print of Year '22, not the "art print version" of the 3rd place Cinema poster is a damn shame.

Or is it because it came out so late in the year? When Esao dropped Cloisters at the end of 2015 we lost our minds and it won APOTY expeditiously.

My solution?
More Esao, less double ups with gig/movie.
Community Zoo wasn't on the list because it was never nominated. we don't choose the list, the community does over the full year. winners of the weekly award nominations make it on the final list. it's all automatic.

and i agree gig/movie poster double ups suck and is unfair and there is an internal chat on how to move forward with that.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:23 am

fredo wrote:

and now it seems like Hork is no longer in the game. wonder why.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:27 am

I've got a turtle head
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
kowellternerr
New User

Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:43 pm

I too wonder why there is no Hork
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:15 am

Man…
Is it me or was it not a banner year…
I looked at my 2023’s… no movie or art prints purchased for the entire year.
So weird.

Gig posters for me:
Sperry WP Vegas, Emek QOTSA Portland, or
Foo Fighters SB Bowl…
Went with the SB Bowl.
So many Sperry posters look the same, the QOTSA
got edged out probably because of the lips.
The FF SB seems different for an Emek, not one of his greatest, but I dig it and it’s one of my most favorite places on the planet.

What did you guys narrow it down to?
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:36 pm

Thought the GP was a difficult endeavor this year - lots of good selections...some of which I noticed weren't even an option this year such as the Kitchen Dwellers - Justin Santora.

GP -

Movie -
Meant to click on Chinatown by Mann, but hit this. I do like this but thought there were better years.

Art Print -
Tough year here. Not much to choose from. That said, pretty hard not to vote for Geddes for me.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:32 pm

I did the Slater Hunter Thompson for art print, Lotay Dead Zone for AMP, and Danger The Cure for gig.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:20 pm

That Danger Cure is killer.
Would be great if a Cure print won.
I liked the Seattle best, but it wasn’t an option that I saw.

Greensky Bluegrass is killer.
I’m still hoping to trade for one.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:25 pm

If I remember correctly the Easo Community zoo was December’22 as well as that Durieux dump?
He dropped a few good ones at once.
Shawshank, Boogie Nights…

Guess that’s a factor in why I didn’t add one shart print or movie print in ‘23.
Still surprised me.

I voted for a movie poster I never even saw before.
The evil dead series one… horizontal layout.
Looked killer on the iPad. :?