James Jean Bronze Sculpture with Polished Accents “Woodcutter”

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:53 pm

I’m selling my James Jean Woodcutter Bronze Sculpture with polished accents, signed and numbered in the sculpt. This is one of his best works and a rare bronze (low ES of 50) that he produced in 2022. Item will be shipped in original wooden box, shipping foam, and brown shipper with certificate of authenticity from the gallery. Looking for $10500 for the piece shipped. I’m in the DC area and would consider discounting it for someone who can pick it up in person.

The below eBay link has the description of the piece as well as pictures of my statue. The description is also typed below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276392699034?m ... media=COPY

Here is the description for Avant Arte gallery where it was purchased.

James Jean’s Woodcutter, consecrated into bronze, embodies the complexity and technical prowess of the artist’s timeless compositions.

The artist’s wood gathering motif evolved from references to 18th century engraving and Ninomiya Sontoku – a prominent Japanese figure of self education and diligence. Woodcutter now takes form as a young boy realised in bronze, chosen for its longevity and lustrous energy. His gathered firewood reveals glistening faces representing Kami – omnipresent spirits originating from the Shinto religion who traditionally assist hunter-gatherer groups.

“As the kindling is burned, the boy is thankful to the spirits – for releasing their energy and creating heat.”

Edition details:

Dimensions10.6in x 4.7in x 5.5 in MediumBronze sculpture with patinated green tones, a black painted finish and mirror polished face caps.FinishingArtist's signature and edition number (only 50 released) engraved on base of sculpture.Release dateJune 30, 2022