I'm Here to Rescue You 14 Englert

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu May 01, 2014 4:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to: I'm Here to Rescue You 14 Englert

jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
aharm84

Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Im-Here-To-Resc ... 3ce0c8df3a

The eBay flippers never cease to amaze. 'Sold out' despite not even going on sale till Sunday.
nis
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 03, 2014 2:58 pm

awesome, those flippers... :hanging:
recycler
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 12:00 am

I like the regular ink set up and I like the GID set up, but not together.

I always think that GID inks are to complement the piece, not add something totally new to it.
binky79
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 12:07 am

recycler wrote:I like the regular ink set up and I like the GID set up, but not together.

I always think that GID inks are to complement the piece, not add something totally new to it.
I just hope the GID inks arent visible in normal lighting. I've never really cared for GID, but I don't spend a lot of time sitting in the dark.

EDIT: And actually, some of it looks pretty visible in this shot. :(

coughdrop608
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 04, 2014 1:22 am

Looks incredible from those pictures. The sheen on the orange is awesome.
ISO: Greg Simkin's "Luna"
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun May 04, 2014 1:27 am

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 1:29 am

recycler wrote:I like the regular ink set up and I like the GID set up, but not together.

I think it tells a better story as two prints in one. Luke's journey isn't one of just rescue, but it's growth and maturity as well. From whiny little bitch to master Jedi knight. The setting sun(s) symbolize the end of his innocence, and the scene of burning his father in the pyre is perfectly accentuated by the darkness (with a hint of "hope" in the fireworks. Aside from the glorious colors, that's what makes this print beautiful on another level. Star Wars isn't just weird aliens and action. There's heart to the whole story. And this print totally encapsulates that emotion without saying any words at all.
Absolutely brilliant piece.
ImageImage
markenglert
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 1:57 am

I've pitched a variant set, without a GID layer and the GID layer as a separate print... they want to see how this first sale goes, which is totally understandable.

The GID layer is visible... but I doubt it'd be very noticeable once it's behind glass and up on a wall. Compared to previous GID pieces I've done, I'd say it's way less visible than Back to the Future, but a bit more noticeable than Bioshock.

D&L also tend to lay the ink down a bit thicker than my normal printer, so that is contributing to it's daytime visibility. In person, I didn't find it distracting at all.

It's probably because I came up in the comic book world that tend to sway towards telling a story when I can, and I like that the GID layer tells a story. I get that GID isn't always the best medium to do that, but I'm a fan of it... it appeals to the kid in me.
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 2:02 am

noeldaddy wrote:

I think it tells a better story as two prints in one. Luke's journey isn't one of just rescue, but it's growth and maturity as well. From whiny little bitch to master Jedi knight. The setting sun(s) symbolize the end of his innocence, and the scene of burning his father in the pyre is perfectly accentuated by the darkness (with a hint of "hope" in the fireworks. Aside from the glorious colors, that's what makes this print beautiful on another level. Star Wars isn't just weird aliens and action. There's heart to the whole story. And this print totally encapsulates that emotion without saying any words at all.
Absolutely brilliant piece.
Preach.

markenglert wrote:I've pitched a variant set, without a GID layer and the GID layer as a separate print... they want to see how this first sale goes, which is totally understandable.
This print will sell out instantly, they'd be crazy not to. And when I mean instantly, I mean as soon as their website finally comes back to life after being pummeled into oblivion at 12:59 tomorrow.
binky79
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 2:15 am

markenglert wrote:I've pitched a variant set, without a GID layer and the GID layer as a separate print... they want to see how this first sale goes, which is totally understandable.
Variant set would make for a nice trilogy with the McCarthy Hoth.

But I still prefer it hanging with Det er en Slags Ting.
Dfishberg
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 04, 2014 6:12 pm

This is an amazing print -- I wish I could have purchased one. Brilliant vision Mr. Englert!
elSalvador
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Well, I hope that sale was "good enough" in their eyes to warrant the the variant set.
admhall
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 8:21 pm

+1 Can't wait until this gets here. My first star wars related purchase! I have been waiting to snag something at cost and this is a beauty!! :drool:
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH