Art of Moonalice Brooklyn 12 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Art of Moonalice Brooklyn 12 Hunter

Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:58 pm

You all may or may not be aware of the bay area band Moonalice, but if you are not, you should be, they are heavy hitters with all the folks in the group that can play bass, all 7 of them, kinda like the Sparkle Foil run of 7, just like the band man. One of the top artists for Moonalice, the man whom did this poster (a silkscreen print for "The Art of MoonAlice" which took place last October 28th, 2012 in NYC at the Brooklyn Bowl. Oh course i'm speaking of Dave Hunter aka Gammalyte. This poster was just finally released to the public, it is a run of 45 posters in the edition, with a run of 7 Sparkle Foils, which I also bought a copy of as well. Now moonalice is coming to see me in our quite little home venue here in the hills. Jorma Kaukoen and Barry Mitterhoff are opening for Moonalice. Tickets are only $35.00 if you still want in on that. I know not yet if that will be a poster show at our Psilodelic Gallery, where Mr. Wes Wilson joined us this year from 4-6 and signed items for $100 a piece, though he hooked me up for free, and he told me 'go get a steak boy' i don't need your money, it is no good here." i did however tell him i had money and i didn't care much for paper money, as soon it will not be worth the piece of paper it is printed on in fact. He agreed with me and the rest of our lil family when we said that it was righteous that we invested in gold an silver bars instead of paper money. I made him take a donation for the items he signed for me for free, telling him i could still afford a steak, and that i have a full freezer full of steak, so bring it on. He laughed and accepted my money donation, although he did not want to, by the way i was dressed or perhaps looked to him, I could have seemed poor, but I really don't care about nice clothes, i was born naked and i plan on leaving this world naked from a heart attache when i'm back-breain' on a righteous headie female with all my stamina. So after i flash a knot in his face, he kindly accepted, though he did not want to take my money still, being the kind Warrior he is. But i told him Right was Right, and he nodded his head and said 'you are way to smart for as young as you are." I told him i grew up awful quick, which seemed to amuse him, and he smiled sincerely, which made me feel much better that i was not a charity case, lol. Anyhow if you are not familair with Moonalice or their Art team, it consists of folks such as Wes Wilson, David Singer, Chuck Sperry, Dave Hunter, Chris Shaw, Alexandra Fischer, Dennis Loen, as well as some spectacular bay area artist whom i know i left a few pivitol folks out, though they knw who they are, such as Stanley "Mouse'' Miller and other great artists as well. this first editon is a run of 45 pieces, and they are sold on Gammaltye's site (blog) for only $40.00 USD plus shipping, the was one Sparkle Foil being sold there, but i picked it up alrady. It is #4/7 S/N and they are both 18x24" and look well in a simple standard black frame if I do say so myself, as I just did right there if you look back a couple of words :lol: Any how It was on the Venal Equinox Harvest Moon, no, actually the Jorma K, Jack Casady as well as Steve kimock played on the Harvest Moon which this year was on a SAT night, the 21st of September. This even with Wes Wilson there was the following Saturday, the 28th. The signing was great, and I chatted it up with Wes, and he is a kind, gentleman, as well as a very gifted artist as well, a really kind guy, down to earth too. Being one of the people who started the SF Bay Area Scene or Sound with him being the initial artist for the like of Bill G and the Family Dog's Chet Helms also n that group of super -stars and heroes of mine personally was only the beginning of the evening. Wes signed from 4-6 pm in the afternoon and as many kind folks came to meet and great with him, from rock stars, to simple farmers with overalls and long white beards sipping on pint of gallon jugs of moonshine, the preferred alcoholic beverage around here since it's very easy to make it you grandfather taught you right, and when you heat it red is bad, and blue is good, that is just the way it is around here, sure they sell 190 proof alcohol across the bridge, but that costs money and moonshine only takes time and a little effort if one knows what they are doing. Anyhow that was quite a show that night, many friendly family faces were there from all over, from Oregon, Cali (Marin County/The Bay Area, and places near there such as Santa Cruz). The band that played that particular night featured the great Jerry Miller (of Moby Grape) whom even Jerry Garcia called 'the best guitar player in the Bay area' as well as Terry Haggerty from the sons of Champlain on second lead guitar. Add two Santa Cruz folks oo' Fuzzy on the drums/kit, and keith Graves on bass were joined by the Captain himself Jorma on third guitar, oh what a day and night is was, a primal jam type SF sound show, total psychedelia in the building with some of the usual suspects in and around the little hideaway on the hill. I has been a very strict secret for many many years, but next year being the 17th season since Jorma moved here it is no longer a secret, shows sell out rather, rather quickly if not immediately because it only holds 200 max as it is an intimate little place where magic happens often. 'nuff said, if you'd like my review of the band, i would say if you live in Cali and are not familiar whom they are indicates to be that pehaps you must be an Alien of some sort, because you SHOULD KNOW these katz! They came to get down, and they did thoroughly and very loud and spacey jams filled the hall. I can not say if there is going to be an art show the night of the Moonalice show there in 2014, but i will say if you are near these woods you BETTER grab a ticket and fast, 200 seats at $35.00 a piece with 2/3 of Hot Tuna opening up, and i'm guessing Pete Sears will fill in for Jack Casady on bass if I were to guess. Basrry Sless whom also plays pedal steel in the band is no less, but SLESS IS MORE! if you are near here at all, i'd put on my waders b/c it's bound to get deep if I were a betting man. Anyhow here is the direct link for this Moonalice special silkscreen that they only do a hand full of times a year, although they give out an offset at every show kinda like in SF at The Filmore for instance, keeping BGs dream alive to this day. Anyhow here is the link, i suggest you grab one, they won't last long if you saw one in person, let alone the foil. Kudos to Gammalyte Press for another great print and art work illo. Scroll down to buy the poster, only 45 exist in the first edition and i know not how many are left out of the 45 printed but they were nicely executed. Nice pull Dave and company, i heard the show in Brooklyn was an overall winner from several people, though i was not there in person i regret to say. Well that's about enough of that for now, hope you enjoy the poster, it's highly recommended for the wall if you asked me, which no one did, but i'll say so anyways.Kudos! http://gammalyte.com/blog/2013/08/21/ba ... ster-sale/
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Paragraphs.
just a foil for me today, thanks
upseeker
Art Expert

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Strange. No opal or gold represented. :notworthy:
nc
EB Team

Mon May 01, 2017 1:06 pm