Super Marilyn 10 Gagnon

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 am

Awesome pics, glad I got one, it looks amazing in person.

One question, mine has a little scratch/scuff in the black on the S on the chest- very small (about an inch), but noticeable. I really want to frame this up, but fear the little scuff right in the middle of the S will catch my eye everytime. Should I bother Rene about a possible replacement? I know he's on vacation until August, so I haven't said anything yet to him (don't want to complain, as I really love the piece, but at the same time don't want to settle).

Any advice?
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 am

Henry...

check out your local art supply shop or hobby hut or whatever. Look for some of the charcoal sticks that usually come singly or in packages of 3 or more 'colors' of black/grey. They're usually by the paints and pens and stuff.

Unless the ink is extremely glossy that you're trying to match colors with - the charcoal works really,really well.

Thats just me though...I don't want to be a squeeky wheel 'cause I don't particularly care for squeeky wheels. 'Seems like too many people take stuff that REALLY doesn't matter entirely too seriously. Personally its the peculiarities among people that make them endearing to one another. If everyone was as as perfect as think they are...noone would interest anyone.

I'm not telling you that you should'nt have it replaced if its gonna' bother you a whole lot or you think the person you're gonna' sell it to one day would get worked up over it... I'm just say'n SOMETIMES maybe we (not necessarily you -WE as people in the collective) let stuff bother "us" that in the grander scheme of things proh'lee isn't worth the effort to correct it.

I touched up a scratch in some black on a rare hendrix print that was inadvertantly scratched by Derek Trucks... if I'm looking for it I can find it, otherwise I rarely even think about when I'm looking at it. None has ever commented on noticing it either so... you know, whatever right?!

Cheers.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:39 am

lick your finger, rub it back and forth over the scuff.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

downbytheriver wrote:Henry...
Awesome, thanks! I think this will work perfectly- the ink is not glossy at all and this should cover it just fine. I didn't want to be a squeeky wheel over something "minor" like that- it's not like it was folded in half or bent up- just wanted it to look nice when I finally get to my backlog of framing projects.

American Frames is gonna own me!

Thanks again (and nice Gagnon collection Jojo).
cmbubble
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 pm

carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:52 pm

cmbubble wrote:Image
:shock: :drool:

Ill trade you my #1/60 and a Donruss Ken Griffey Jr card for it.
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
mkuborn
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 am

jojobadass wrote:lick your finger, rub it back and forth over the scuff.
This works... really, not a joke or trick. I mean dont slobber yourself but yea, true story.

Also, can some one add mine and the above photos. The default one is terrible. Do I need to crop mine...

mkuborn
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:19 pm

What the heck does that Automator do all day, sit on the couch eating bon-bons watching soap operas!?
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Bump.
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Dont think you can do it here.

You may have to make this request in the 'entry corrections' thread or another way. :?
s_k_y
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Overview page > add image on left hand side.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/120075
artsyfartsy
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:42 pm

These look great!
automator
Nobody

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm

New image Super Marilyn 10 Gagnon