Evacuation I 09 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 pm

gazastripper wrote:
Tadrules wrote:historically silkscreened runs have all been graded from best to worst and then editioned accordingly. best going to the AP run, and then numbering from best to good. ....not worst. that practice seems to have been forgotten about...and now they just pick the best for the AP run, and then just go to town on the rest. seems to be a lost practice, and like you said, wouldn't matter on a giclee no matter what.
got my Sowers print #346/350 and there was absolutely nothing wrong - NO FLAKING
number 248/250 in tim doyle's apocalypse now poster which was screen printed and absolutely flawless
Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
BadJustin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

adamlikesthings wrote:
gazastripper wrote:
Tadrules wrote:historically silkscreened runs have all been graded from best to worst and then editioned accordingly. best going to the AP run, and then numbering from best to good. ....not worst. that practice seems to have been forgotten about...and now they just pick the best for the AP run, and then just go to town on the rest. seems to be a lost practice, and like you said, wouldn't matter on a giclee no matter what.
got my Sowers print #346/350 and there was absolutely nothing wrong - NO FLAKING
number 248/250 in tim doyle's apocalypse now poster which was screen printed and absolutely flawless

I've seen multiple prints from various points in a run and have yet to notice a difference. Not saying that it's not possible just saying I've never experienced it.
casoriat
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

+1 on my first keys... Love how EB turns me on to new art.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:52 pm

are there higher number runs registered by eb users? this ones up there! congrats josh! great job! :clap:
ImageImageImage
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 pm

smokeycat wrote:are there higher number runs registered by eb users? this ones up there! congrats josh! great job! :clap:
maybe I'm not understanding your question right, but this poster has an edition of 11 thousand.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

electrachrome wrote:
smokeycat wrote:are there higher number runs registered by eb users? this ones up there! congrats josh! great job! :clap:
maybe I'm not understanding your question right, but this poster has an edition of 11 thousand.
sorry i had meant in eb user's collections. although i see this one also has 885 listed. wow! :)thanks
ImageImageImage
whl10
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 am

muddddd
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 am

got my shipping confirmation today :D

:pint:
Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 pm

adamlikesthings wrote:got my shipping confirmation today :D

:pint:
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
LMG
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:24 am

I have a question, after you log in to paypal, does anything come afterwards? I just try logging in and then nothing changes but it seems like everything was done. Was my order completed? I did it twice so will I be charged twice as well?

Btw I hate to be 'that guy' but isnt there a mistake in the print? So the top right corner is meant to be behind the fire hydrant right? But looking from the top-bottom, you'll see water above the corner which would imply that the corner is in front of the hydrant....right?
retter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:31 am

LMG wrote:I have a question, after you log in to paypal, does anything come afterwards? I just try logging in and then nothing changes but it seems like everything was done. Was my order completed? I did it twice so will I be charged twice as well?

Btw I hate to be 'that guy' but isnt there a mistake in the print? So the top right corner is meant to be behind the fire hydrant right? But looking from the top-bottom, you'll see water above the corner which would imply that the corner is in front of the hydrant....right?
lolwat
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 am

LMG wrote:I have a question, after you log in to paypal, does anything come afterwards? I just try logging in and then nothing changes but it seems like everything was done. Was my order completed? I did it twice so will I be charged twice as well?

I have no idea how to look at something from the top-bottom, but I think if you look at the ground in the print, it will correct your perspective.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
LMG
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:

I have no idea how to look at something from the top-bottom, but I think if you look at the ground in the print, it will correct your perspective.
Oh, I meant from the top to the bottom. So I tried doing what you said and looking at the ground, everything's fine. But then start tracing the line upwards; now if that corner was really meant to be further away from us, shouldn't it continue up to the very top?

drymount my eyes, I'm sure I'm wrong and I'm getting a headache cuz of staring at this :(
SteveKai
Art Expert

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 am

anyone got a # count as of tonight? Has it hit 2,000 yet?
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:36 am

According to the site it's at 1984.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.