Protection via Paypal when trading with EB'ers?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi,

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find it!

If I want to purchase a print from an EB'er, what means of protection does paypal offer me as a buyer? I understand EB is not responsible for anything (obviously), but if I send person X $100, and they send me an empty tube / damaged print / bag of poop, what can I do about it?

I've sold a handful of prints on here but haven't purchased one yet. I want to take the plunge but I am worried because the EB'er does not have any feedback or trades listed on his profile.

Help :D
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I think as as long as you don't send the money as a gift, you'll have Paypal protection.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Never send the money as a gift since that eliminates the buyer protection that Paypal provides.

If you want to send the actual amount that the buyer is asking for, you can use the paypal fee calculator: http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm . A few extra bucks is worth the insurance. Be sure to have the EB'er ship the tube insured via USPS.

Hope this helps at least a little bit.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 pm

The most important thing is to pay using a credit card.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks folks!