Ten Banthas 10 Ryan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 pm

i have a feeling jojo is being sarcastic.

i'm not going to be a super fan boy and defend this one.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 pm

no, I think this whole series has been quite lacking........especially compared to the star trek series.

where's the death star bitch!?!

I like this one.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 pm

i stand corrected.

i do agree that the who series has been "lacking". I dont "get" this one, it seems like such a minor/ancillary SW moment that I dont even know it. i'm a poster nerd and a low level SW nerd but I dont get it.
thebends9
Art Expert

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 pm

jojobadass wrote:no, I think this whole series has been quite lacking........especially compared to the star trek series.

where's the death star bitch!?!

I like this one.
Stout will give us our Death Star
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 pm

I'd like see ken taylor waxing some planet w/ the ol' ass zapper
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
mnelson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:54 am

sasquatch wrote:
sophistry wrote:Love the concept, especially with Leia's ship in the distant background. Though I'm not really a fan 'cartoony' art like this.
Hah! Cartoony. WTF?!
Then you probably don't like most screenprints, gig posters and anything in this Star Wars/Star Trek thing from MondoTees. Like most Ryans, I really dig this.
Pretty sure you know what he means and are just trying to be a douche anyways. Jay Ryan's style can be deemed "cartoony" for sure. McCarthy, Danger... not so much. I personally like this print, but I feel it should have been released earlier in the series.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 am

drjacobweintraub wrote:What about Jeff Soto doing a Chewbacca portrait! I would love that!!!
He'd be perfect for that.

I've given up on Mondo drops so best of luck to everyone.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:13 am

Not a big fan of this print.

And yes this is my first post after 6 years of lurking.
pearlybaker
Flipper

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 am

Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:Not a big fan of this print.

Seriously, this thread is what brought you out of the woodwork? You remained quiet through Fairey Obamamania, Mr. Brainwash conspiracy, Kellum ripoff saga, Ryan ouster, Rata Trannyland dissappearance but the jay Ryan star wars poster cracked the seal?
All right Hamilton!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 am

pearlybaker wrote:
Super_Dank_Nugz wrote:Not a big fan of this print.

Seriously, this thread is what brought you out of the woodwork? You remained quiet through Fairey Obamamania, Mr. Brainwash conspiracy, Kellum ripoff saga, Ryan ouster, Rata Trannyland dissappearance but the jay Ryan star wars poster cracked the seal?
:rolling:

Not down with this one in the least. Tuskan raiders were vile, disgusting creatures and banthas were their steeds...evil hideous monsters. One of the ultimate disses in the entire SW universe was to call someone bantha fudge or tell them to eat it. These things look like they crap cotton candy!

I'd love to see Ryan's take on the Cantina band, especially the blue elephant keyboard player!

pudu!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 am

regardless, he drew them that way for a reason.

do you think the thing on the right craps cotton candy? :P

and as a side note, it appears these are only numbered, and they are being printed by D&L, not Jay.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
fredo
Art God

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

you can't blame banthas for who domesticates them. that's drymounting racist.
just a foil for me today, thanks
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Not down with this one in the least. Tuskan raiders were vile, disgusting creatures and banthas were their steeds...evil hideous monsters. One of the ultimate disses in the entire SW universe was to call someone bantha fudge or tell them to eat it. These things look like they crap cotton candy!
Spoken like a true Jedi Warrior
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 am

The blue elephant keyboard player was from Jabba's Palace, not the Cantina.

:P
ecotuanis
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:41 am

meh. i'm a little disappointed for all of the aforementioned reasons [subject matter, chosen scene, jay's style: ewoks or other funny characters (cheery/colorful) vs. banthas (grotesque/dark)]. i'll try for this for the low run. if it were higher, i think i'd pass.
It's so stupendous, living in this tube!