The Rain Had a Sound 09 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dasmitty11
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Timmytj wrote:maybe this (cool but nothing special) print will convince dan that his editions are too high. the money up front from an edition 550 prints is great, but the long term, all things calculated, is not where its at
How are print runs that are low cost to the buyer and selling out fast but not in seconds bad for the artist?
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:36 pm

dan is hurting my profit margins
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 pm

tranito wrote:Every little aspect of this ^post^ is wrong to me.
My thoughts exactly

a famous local artist here in Charleston who has had over 20 years of success and a long standing gallery has so e print runs of 950, I have one on my wall, his track record, market value and fanbase entirely disapproves what you are asserting, and this is again a locally based artist that was doing this wo Internet driven help in the 80's and 90's
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
alteridiom
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Timmytj wrote:maybe this (cool but nothing special) print will convince dan that his editions are too high. the money up front from an edition 550 prints is great, but the long term, all things calculated, is not where its at
Not sure if I am understanding you correctly here. This is exactly what I love about DM. I can get incredible art, frames up really nice, works in just about any room at very reasonable prices. Even if I miss out on a drop it is still affordable.
Small town pizza lawyer
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:03 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:
tranito wrote:Every little aspect of this ^post^ is wrong to me.
My thoughts exactly

a famous local artist here in Charleston who has had over 20 years of success and a long standing gallery has so e print runs of 950
Sounds like Peter Lik although he is an Aussie.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
zonaea

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Wolfman...Jim Booth?

Another beautiful day in Charleston.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 pm

zonaea wrote:Wolfman...Jim Booth?

Another beautiful day in Charleston.
bingo sir!!! Yes it is, gorgeous lowcountry day. Like a booth painting :)
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
emoska
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Is anyone interested in selling this fine print?

I can offer $350 (with shipping/insurance costs on top of that).

PM me :-)
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:31 am

emoska wrote:Is anyone interested in selling this fine print?

I can offer $350 (with shipping/insurance costs on top of that).

PM me :-)
Hello - I realize you're new here, but please read the pink bar at the top of this page. It reads:

" Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity. "

Thanks .
emoska
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:47 am

Ah, thanks for that . Apologies :wink:
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:51 am

emoska wrote:Ah, thanks for that . Apologies :wink:
No worries! Good luck with the search though, it's an amazing print. I'm lucky enough to have one on my wall :)
hirschy75
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:49 am

On my wall too :)

Without a doubt my favorite piece
reminder: ink on paper
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 am

I gotta get this framed asap!!! this and ifgtbl2 are long overdue for a frame, despite telling myself it's time to frame gig prints for a while
- James McMurtry
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Timmytj wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:this print aint going anywhere but up. it won't be long before people are saying they shoulda got it when it was $300. i'm framing mine so that aint hype.
i think you are right. hell there is almost 50 people with this on there ebeans ISO list. a month or two will prove $300 to be a very good deal
safe to say this is now the truth.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
automator
Nobody

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm

New image The Rain Had a Sound 09 McCarthy