Iron Man 2 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

OneStepAhead wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:
kevkevkev wrote:the film will be rubbish anyway. too many characters that wont get nearly enough screen time. gonna be a bit like spidey 3.
From what I've heard its much better than Spiderman 3.
All the "negative reviews" aren't really negative - they're just saying it is good when it could have been great.

Anyhow, this will still be the most popular movie Stout has ever done a poster for (to date).
I think I.B. has it beat.
More people will see Iron Man 2 though, so I see david's point.

And for too many characters, that's true. You cannot develop most characters properly in 1.5 - 2 hour films.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Movies aren't for character development, they're for stuff go blow-uppy. Go read a book Poindexter.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
mnelson
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 pm

The regular version looks better than the variant imo (usually is the case with Stout's prints) but the glow in the dark inks are pretty sweet. Hmm.. I'm not sure which one to go for. How much do you think Tyler's gonna sell his stash for?
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm

mnelson wrote:The regular version looks better than the variant imo (usually is the case with Stout's prints) but the glow in the dark inks are pretty sweet. Hmm.. I'm not sure which one to go for. How much do you think Tyler's gonna sell his stash for?

i would think it would be the same price as it was at mondo
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
jatlas
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

nimsu8 wrote:
mnelson wrote:The regular version looks better than the variant imo (usually is the case with Stout's prints) but the glow in the dark inks are pretty sweet. Hmm.. I'm not sure which one to go for. How much do you think Tyler's gonna sell his stash for?

when were they on mondo?
charter
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

At Mondo, not on Mondo yet.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

jatlas wrote:
nimsu8 wrote:

when were they on mondo?

I meant at the store.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Mondo has a store?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

srdzevon wrote:Movies aren't for character development, they're for stuff go blow-uppy. Go read a book Poindexter.
Stop turning books into movies then, you dork.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:41 pm

srdzevon wrote:Mondo has a store?

yep.. it's at the alamo drafthouse in austin, tx. go into your bedroom and stand in the closet. now picture it 1/2 the size.... that's the store
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 pm

machination wrote:
srdzevon wrote:Movies aren't for character development, they're for stuff go blow-uppy. Go read a book Poindexter.
Stop pretending comic books are books geek.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

srdzevon wrote:
machination wrote:
Some of them are so genius they shouldn't be discounted as great pieces of literature. I mean, look at "Watchmen".
The best films derived from comic books have decent or well-done character development.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm

machination wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
machination wrote:
Some of them are so genius they shouldn't be discounted as great pieces of literature. I mean, look at "Watchmen".
The best films derived from comic books have decent or well-done character development.
I agree completly, I'm just messing with you.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 pm

FYI
these are a few movies that alot of people do not know were comic books first

30 Days of Night

A History of Violence

American Splendor

Art School Confidential

From Hell

Ghost World