INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS The Lost Art of the Film

General art-related discussion.
piomba
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm

http://upperplayground.com/feature/stor ... e_film_217

SA Studios Global's Film Marketing Division has teamed up with Quentin Tarantino, Upper Playground and The Weinstein Company to present, THE LOST ART OF INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS.

On February 18th, 2010 from 6p - 9p the world will get to preview and purchase the “Lost Art of Inglorious Basterds” at The Upper Playground Art Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles. All proceeds from this program will be donated to The American Red Cross to help the victims of the Haiti Earthquake.

This creative team has assembled the following select group of accomplished artists, David Choe, Sam Flores, Estevan Oriol, Grotesk, Jeremy Fish, Patrick Martinez, Alex Pardee, Dora Drimalas, Munk One, N8 Van Dyke, Rene Alamanza, Morning Breath and Skinner Davis, to create their own poster art based off their interpretation of the Oscar Nominated film, “Inglourious Basterds” artwork.

Each print will be numbered and signed by Quentin Tarantino. Only six (6) of each amount will be made

The gallery will open will be open to the general public from 6p – 9p on Thursday February 18th, 2010 at Upper Playground Los Angeles located at 125 East 6th Street in Downtown LA. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the limited edition prints for $300. The prints are giclée print and are only available for purchase at Upper Playground, Los Angeles. Phone orders and web orders will not be accepted. Prints will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. The purchase of prints will be limited to one per buyer.

David Choe

Estevan Oriol

Alex Pardee

Rene Almanza

Munk One

Patrick Martinez

Jeremy Fish

N8 Van Dyke

Sam Flores

Grotesk

Dora Drimalas

Morning Breath

Skinner Davis
Last edited by piomba on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Nice... I deleted my thread as your thread puts mine to shame
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Wow damn those look great, I need me one of these by David Choe, Grotesk or the Alex Pardee.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol
alteridiom
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

WHOA! Those are incredible. Would love to have the Pardee.
Small town pizza lawyer
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:07 pm

twiztid_nl wrote:Wow damn those look great, I need me one of these by David Choe, Grotesk or the Alex Pardee.

the grotesk or the one w/ the hand getting chopped off for me.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

some of those are really good.

and some are not.
not dead
comountaingolf
Art Expert

That Choe is silly sweet...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm

twiztid_nl wrote:Wow damn those look great, I need me one of these by David Choe, Grotesk or the Alex Pardee.
:clap:
twiztid_nl
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

jojobadass wrote:

the grotesk or the one w/ the hand getting chopped off for me.
Yeah that Patrick Martinez is also very good, but only 6 for sale for each and no websale, so for me in Europe it will be impossible to optain one of these, heck I think if you attent it will be hard to get even one!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tetra Hydro Cannabinol
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Some of those are wonderful.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

the slap chop or the lil' hitler target = best

both remind me of the simplicity of the actual posters used to market the film - the ones with just the weapons (butt of rifle, baseball bat, and one other that I forget). Most effective.
not dead
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:the slap chop or the lil' hitler target = best

both remind me of the simplicity of the actual posters used to market the film - the ones with just the weapons (butt of rifle, baseball bat, and one other that I forget). Most effective.
The simple ones are quite nice.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

The first time I ever saw the jaw to the curb was in American History X. The second time was Sopranos. I never need to see it again.

Some awesome stuff. I'd love to have a couple of those.
Great concepts.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:30 pm

downtown wrote:The first time I ever saw the jaw to the curb was in American History X. The second time was Sopranos. I never need to see it again.
I was just going to comment on that, the curb stomp reminding me of American History X. Interesting that one movie it was the Nazi sympathizer doing the brutalizing, but for this film which the poster is promoting, it's the reverse.

Fan of Choe's piece ... being from Boston, I appreciated the Bear Jew character referring to Teddy Ballgame and Fenway.

Got a laugh out of little Hitler gettin' spanked, like the collage work on that one.

Hitler target, simple but effective.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Ken
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Holy cow! Anyone in LA heading down to score a print? If you can get me one, let me know!