Image Guidelines updated - 800 x 800 pixels new max size

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks to sunsetbrew's efforts, the burgeoning EB image database has been re-jiggered to allow for greater efficiency in the storage and delivery of images. In a related move, images uploaded to ExpressoBeans can now be a maximum of 800 pixels in both height and width (previously there was a 600 pixel limit on width). No longer will the landscape images be second-class citizens to the portrait images, held down by the man! The Image Guidelines have been updated.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
piomba
Art Expert

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

nice adjustment :clap:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 pm

right on Doug!!!
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Doug's playing reporter here - big thanks to Thomas...
Tra la la la la...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Might wanna specify that on the Add Art submission section then:

The image to use. We can only accept images in JPG or GIF format. Please use the best image possible. Processing images is time consuming and you can help by submitting the cleanest images possible. You can submit any size image, but before it gets published it will be reduced to 600 pixels on the longest side. We understand that you may not have the ability to turn in the best images, we still are grateful for your submissions.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Codeblue wrote:Might wanna specify that on the Add Art submission section then:

The image to use. We can only accept images in JPG or GIF format. Please use the best image possible. Processing images is time consuming and you can help by submitting the cleanest images possible. You can submit any size image, but before it gets published it will be reduced to 600 pixels on the longest side. We understand that you may not have the ability to turn in the best images, we still are grateful for your submissions.
yep, that request is in the queue, thanks :)

and like Yamar and i said, sunsetbrew gets the credit - all i did was cajole ;)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
MattStrine
Art Expert

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Great work!
krisjay
Art Expert

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 am

Graet job!!!
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 am

so I guess I would actually have to resize the images?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
dougr
Site Admin

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:08 am

jojobadass wrote:so I guess I would actually have to resize the images?
the critical thing is cropping them to the nearest edge on each side - no margins outside the page area. the site software will resize larger pics to the max allowable for display, although pics tend to be "fuzzier" than when resized using photo-editing software prior to submission.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Picture approvals sure are slow these days.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dougr
Site Admin

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Codeblue wrote:Picture approvals sure are slow these days.
dozens of uncropped, extreme-keystone pics of posters with corners covered by paperweights were just unapproved, so the queue is getting smaller...
Flimby

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:04 pm

dougr wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Picture approvals sure are slow these days.
dozens of uncropped, extreme-keystone pics of posters with corners covered by paperweights were just unapproved, so the queue is getting smaller...

doing the same. wiki section of image submissions: http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... Guidelines
thanks for that wiki entry doug
virtualmert
Art Expert

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I love taking pictures of my posters and uploading them to EB. I always go through the "add image" link, that's the right way correct? Sometimes I see people just put them in the threads and they get added. Also, sometimes I like taking the pictures at different angles, gives a different feel to the poster imo. Is this not wanted?
:cautiously removes pants:
Flimby

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

virtualmert wrote:I love taking pictures of my posters and uploading them to EB. I always go through the "add image" link, that's the right way correct? Sometimes I see people just put them in the threads and they get added. Also, sometimes I like taking the pictures at different angles, gives a different feel to the poster imo. Is this not wanted?

the "add image" link is definitely the preferred method. as far as multiple angles, if it is a detail shot that reveals something not captured in an existing image, go for it. otherwise, with all of the submissions we get, it can be overkill.