how long does it take for art i submitted to be approved?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:17 pm

hi,

i submitted two things earlier this week, a sheppard fairey magazine cover (charleston magazine) and an old sticker for the charleston city paper designed by sheppard as well, but they haven't shown up yet. any reason?

thanks!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm

The site is understaffed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dougr
Site Admin

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:35 pm

chuckkeppler wrote:hi,

i submitted two things earlier this week, a sheppard fairey magazine cover (charleston magazine) and an old sticker for the charleston city paper designed by sheppard as well, but they haven't shown up yet. any reason?

thanks!
EB FAQ: I submitted art to the EB Art Guide. How long will it take to get it approved?

your submissions are pretty clean...i'll get to them today. we had a member submit over 200 items recently (thanks! :) ) so the approval queue is longer than usual.
Codeblue wrote:The site is understaffed.
really?

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Many of em are basically inactive or don't do anything in the way of administration work. Cushway? Come on.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

dougr wrote:we had a member submit over 200 items recently (thanks! :) ) so the approval queue is longer than usual.
:shock:
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:The site is understaffed.
a couple of us did take some time off from the site this summer, but I think we have enough active team members at the moment.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:15 pm

What's going on with the Add Art feature? Anyone else think it's been lagging pretty hard lately? The last 2 pieces I submitted both got denied like a week after I submitted them. I was told both posters "already exsisted" but they definitely weren't around when I tried to add them. I submitted another early last week and still haven't heard back.

There are a few posters I'd like to add that are newer and still not up (Tong and LandLand's Bon Ivers for example) but I fear I'll just be wasting my time only to get an email that says my listings weren't approved. I know this site is run completely by volunteers but the lag time on these have been pretty bad lately. Any thoughts? Anything I could do to help?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:19 pm

tmurch
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 pm

ReverendToneZone wrote:What's going on with the Add Art feature? Anyone else think it's been lagging pretty hard lately? The last 2 pieces I submitted both got denied like a week after I submitted them. I was told both posters "already exsisted" but they definitely weren't around when I tried to add them. I submitted another early last week and still haven't heard back.

There are a few posters I'd like to add that are newer and still not up (Tong and LandLand's Bon Ivers for example) but I fear I'll just be wasting my time only to get an email that says my listings weren't approved. I know this site is run completely by volunteers but the lag time on these have been pretty bad lately. Any thoughts? Anything I could do to help?
I put the Tong bon iver in earlier today bc i couldnt find it. But im sure someone else already did and mine will end up being denied. :?
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

actually, the queue for art approvals isn't too long right now...

RTZ, there is only one of your submissions in there right now. it had the wrong band entered, no date in the Event box, and the title was incorrect. EB welcomes it all, but as noted in the FAQ, the cleaner the submission the faster it tends to move through the queue. i'll approve it now...thanks! :)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
tmurch
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Well thanks Doug!

I just got the email saying it was approved :clap:
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:36 pm

dougr wrote:actually, the queue for art approvals isn't too long right now...

RTZ, there is only one of your submissions in there right now. it had the wrong band entered, no date in the Event box, and the title was incorrect. EB welcomes it all, but as noted in the FAQ, the cleaner the submission the faster it tends to move through the queue. i'll approve it now...thanks! :)
How is that even possible? There's no way I could have screwed all that info up. Thanks for posting it though, I appreciate it! :lol:
IggyD
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm

I added this at the beginning of the week.

Is it still in the queue or should I submit again?

Thanks

Down - 09.26.09

Phineas X. Jones

Down with The Melvins. I feel a little apologetic about the Stars and Bars usage, but not at all for the alligator skull.

Hand-printed edition of 85. Signed and numbered

Size:
18" x 24" (457 mm x 610 mm)
Paper:
French Construction Nightshift Blue 100 lb. Cover
Screens:
Four
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 pm

Mods I did this for you. You can sticky it if you like...it seems this question gets asked every few days anymore...

---------------

Hi Everyone,

It may take days, even a week or two, before art you have added appears in the EB database.

Every submission is examined by a volunteer moderator who checks and sometimes verifies the information, examines and possibly adjusts the submitted image, and makes sure the listing conforms to EB standards/practice.

Sometimes hundreds of pieces of art are submitted in one week. Or even one day. Sometimes a few hundred people submit the same new gigposter/art print at the same time as well, and that's not a big help to the queue either.

So, please, if you haven't received confirmation in a few days, just give it a few more before creating a new thread.

Thanks for your patience.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 pm

IggyD wrote:I added this at the beginning of the week.

Is it still in the queue or should I submit again?

Added, thanks.