Adopt 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:33 pm

lazk wrote:They will Spin it somehow to look like it was a Shelter dog.

I bet Adopt-A-Pet and the Northshore Animal Shelter is not too happy about all this though. The whole point of this new print was ADOPTING a sheltered dog. It kind of defeats the purpose at this point.
At $200 a print, I'm sure Adopt-A-Pet will be just fine.
automator
Nobody

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:43 am

New image Adopt 09 Gold

GratefulRog
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 pm

WOW!! Dissention towards the Obama clan...who woulda thunk it! :shock:

Anyway, yes, it's true...Mahlia does have allergies and the choice of the water dog makes perfect sense. However, the Prez pointed this out earlier and said that they would get a pet that would be sensitive to her allergies AND probably get a shelter dog.

OK fine...he "changed" his mind. But why reissue the "ADOPT" print (whose purpose it was to bring shelter adoprion to the forefront) to comemmorate the Obama's getting one of Teddy's pedigreed cast-offs? I'm not sure I understand this one.

I've heard that breeders of the Portugese water dog are now concerned that this dog will become a "craze" and folks will want one just cause the Obama's got one.
Whaddya mean I don't support your system? I go to court when I have to.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:21 pm

They had to get a pup of known origin to make sure it wasn't a commie sleeper agent / Manchurian canine. ;)

Anyone see the daily show segment about the dog last night? "The first openly gay white house dog". A couple of my gay friends got a good laugh out of that.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:17 pm

“These animals urgently need us to take the lead and speak out on their behalf, now more than ever!”
-Shepard Fairey

Release of special edition Shepard Fairey ADOPT print, originally created to commemorate what was hoped to be the first presidential shelter adoption in history, is now being released with the words, “LEAD BY EXAMPLE.” The directive is a ‘call to action’ to raise awareness for the plight of shelter animals nationwide.

According to Adopt-a-Pet.com spokesperson Pia Salk, “We had hoped that Shepard’s latest version of the iconic ADOPT poster would be a celebratory one - to commemorate the historic day that a dog adopted from a shelter or rescue group took up residence in the White House. Now however, it a plea for everyone to ‘Lead by Example!”

More: http://obeygiant.com/headlines/presiden ... #more-7453
GratefulRog
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I am really pleased to hear that the gold image is to be remade to say "lead by example", a shot at the fact that Obama reneged on a promise to adopt a shelter dog. :x

I might consider purchasing this print now.
Whaddya mean I don't support your system? I go to court when I have to.
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
machination wrote:I know so many people who don't own dogs or cats. Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's because of the climate up here in Canada, but it's not weird at all to not own a larger animal. In fact, I'm not a huge animal person at all.
If I lived in Canada, I'd have a pet moose.
Hell yeah! I would too!
s_k_y
Art Expert

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm

GratefulRog wrote:I am really pleased to hear that the gold image is to be remade to say "lead by example", a shot at the fact that Obama reneged on a promise to adopt a shelter dog. :x

I might consider purchasing this print now.

I second that notion of them remarking it...but still not going to purchase one..they are leaving the option open for 3rd edition if/when he does adopt a shelter dog...maybe I'll get that one. :?
arodri70
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 am

Signed/Numbered Screen Prints (limited edition run of 400) will be available in late May, but the exact date is yet to be announced. Each print will be numbered and signed by Shepard Fairey and will be $200.
BWarn
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:46 am

arodri70 wrote:Signed/Numbered Screen Prints (limited edition run of 400) will be available in late May, but the exact date is yet to be announced. Each print will be numbered and signed by Shepard Fairey and will be $200.
Did I hear correctly that the price of the print is tax deductible?
tuumi
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 am

BWarn wrote:
arodri70 wrote:Signed/Numbered Screen Prints (limited edition run of 400) will be available in late May, but the exact date is yet to be announced. Each print will be numbered and signed by Shepard Fairey and will be $200.
Did I hear correctly that the price of the print is tax deductible?
$150 dollars of it is. They provide paperwork with purchase in the tube.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
bigbadben
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 pm

The final 53 of these are up at:
http://muttslikeme.adoptapet.com/get_image/index.html

Cheers!
Ben
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 pm

man i dont know if i like the regular edition or the new gold better.
armondowilliams
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 21, 2009 9:00 pm

I guess they held some to the side to sell right before the 2nd edition the gold edition, they are back up 54 of them on the same website if anyone is listening to this
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm

If anyone is interested in helping out animals the Arizona Humane society is holding it's annual pet telethon right now and you can donate online. The telethon ends at 6:30pm Pacific time and they're WAY behind from their goal, collecting only about $130,000 when they were shooting for $500,000.

Times are hard for everyone, especially charities. But even the smallest of amounts can help and if you donate online Go Daddy.com will match your donation.

http://www.azhumane.org/

This is one of the most active humane societies in the country and the subject of the Animal Planet show "Animal Planet Heroes". The AZ Humane Society EAMTs (Emergency Animal Medical Technicians) travel the entire country helping animals in need during disasters such as Katrina and wild fires, as well as training other animal welfare organizations. it's a worthy cause and one I've been supporting for 20 years.

Peace, and thank you for listening,
KJ