Roseland 93 Fake

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am

This topic is dedicated to: Roseland 93 Fake

posterjunkie
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am

This poster is fake/infringing. This type of poster exists for many bands/famous gigs. We need to root out this printer. As a collector/dealer I run into to folks all the time who have purchased these prints only to find out later they are fake. This printer has also been very successful in getting shops to carry the posters which really puts a hurt on legitimate artists/dealers getting material into those shops. I will reward anyone forthcoming with information on this printer or the person commissioning these works with a very nice care package.
-Jacob Grossi
citabria
New User

Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:03 pm

This fake poster portrays a photo I shot of Phish 5-29-93 at Lauguna Seca Daze.

I contacted the printer: Tribune Show Print, Inc. Earl Park, IN, 1-219-474-6061.

They immediately gave me the name and phone number of the person who created the bootleg. The name the printer gave me was Bill Zigler. I called him on the phone at 860-635-1226. He admitted to me he created the poster and said another company in the south is selling it now. The name he gave me was "Antiquities".

Bob Minkin
http://www.minkindesign.com/photo/
objectshop
New User

Fri May 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Ha. The same shop I bought this in back at in 1996 was where I bought a copy of the Rosemont Horizon Halloween poster!

-College Park, MD