Obey Eye 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm not a fan either but that's some hatred there.
Staunchy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 pm

:poo: :poo: :poo: :poo: :banana:
i and i
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 am

heavyconsumer wrote:
Blackheart wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote::poo: :thumbdown:
what an ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why? It's only cool to big up prints you like but if you dislike it you should stay quiet? While I often adopt that approach myself unless I think someone's work is truly deplorable or outrageously priced, I think it's only right that members here post an honest response to the artwork in question. Otherwise it's all about the hype (as usual) and there's no true discussion of the art. While simply ":poo:" may be a tad underexpressive, I think it gets his message across! And personally I agree - How many eyes does the man need to release editions of and what's so special about this one? I think this is a weak-ass image that Obey might feel disappointed with as an artist if he's honest with himself. As for taking advantage of the Obeyphiles who'd buy anything with his signature on it, I can't say I blame him really. If people were only interested in his stronger work, at least half his images would still be in stock imho - most are space fillers for the 'folios of collectors - How many houses would you all need to hang all your Obey works anyway? Peace Elephant was great imo and I realy liked Israel Palestine, but other than those 2 releases it's been a LONG time since he's put anything I think is special out there. Why should we all pander to the Obeymanaiacle masses. They/you do enough of that yourselves.

scary thing is Shep made in easy 20 G's with that image.....
heavyconsumer
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:47 am

ldiddy wrote:I'm not a fan either but that's some hatred there.

You couldn't be more wrong (if the hatred comment was at me)! I'm a fan of some of his work. I don't begrudge him his living or hold him responsible for what his fans buy indiscriminantly. He's a hardnosed capitalist illustrator and a damned successful one at that. Shame he pumps out so much weak work however and I think the groupies that hoover it all up are ammusing, because I believe any work of art should stand on it's own merit, not the sig' in the corner. This piece is poor and lazy and yet another pumped off the Obey conveyor belt of mediocrity imo. Kind of expensive for an autograph, but hey, if you like it, I certainly hope you enjoy it. No hatred here :wink: . Good luck to Shep' and everyone else. Not too keen on serial killers, mass murderers, rapists or child abusers, or religious institutions come to that, but artists are generally very cool imo! :D On second thoughts, I was quite a fan of Hannibal Lector in the movies. Is that hypocricy?
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

GR8Dane wrote:
heavyconsumer wrote:
Blackheart wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote::poo: :thumbdown:
what an ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why? It's only cool to big up prints you like but if you dislike it you should stay quiet? While I often adopt that approach myself unless I think someone's work is truly deplorable or outrageously priced, I think it's only right that members here post an honest response to the artwork in question. Otherwise it's all about the hype (as usual) and there's no true discussion of the art. While simply ":poo:" may be a tad underexpressive, I think it gets his message across! And personally I agree - How many eyes does the man need to release editions of and what's so special about this one? I think this is a weak-ass image that Obey might feel disappointed with as an artist if he's honest with himself. As for taking advantage of the Obeyphiles who'd buy anything with his signature on it, I can't say I blame him really. If people were only interested in his stronger work, at least half his images would still be in stock imho - most are space fillers for the 'folios of collectors - How many houses would you all need to hang all your Obey works anyway? Peace Elephant was great imo and I realy liked Israel Palestine, but other than those 2 releases it's been a LONG time since he's put anything I think is special out there. Why should we all pander to the Obeymanaiacle masses. They/you do enough of that yourselves.

scary thing is Shep made in easy 20 G's with that image.....
but i thought we weren't allowed to epxress our dislike :wink:
mmmm Beer :pint:
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 pm

up again on og...
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
tbone2344
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Did you get one...it says 20 available...but 'buy' button is broken.
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm

tbone2344 wrote:Did you get one...it says 20 available...but 'buy' button is broken.
Canceled orders from eBay flippers?
cerebus
Art Expert

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 am

mikeyc1023 wrote:
tbone2344 wrote:Did you get one...it says 20 available...but 'buy' button is broken.
Canceled orders from eBay flippers?
Maybe. There seems to have been a cull again on the ebay listings.
automator
Nobody

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:36 pm

New image Obey Eye 09 Fairey

mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:34 am

Just came this morning. I actually really like it in person. Doesn't change the fact that I would rather have the Elephant, but it looks a hell of a lot better than i thought it would.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:47 pm

mikeyc1023 wrote:Just came this morning. I actually really like it in person. Doesn't change the fact that I would rather have the Elephant, but it looks a hell of a lot better than i thought it would.
+1 :iagree:
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Ducky.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Damn. Too late. Thanks though. :roll:
capadon
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi - I've got the AP version of this print, but there's no AP version listed. Anyone monitoring this thread that can add that? Thanks!