Obey Eye 09 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
marbleyard
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 am

I am usaually a fan, never enough to battle the masses of worshipers for a purchase, but this is just wierd. A big eye? I kindda get it but what in the world is this good for besides sitting in a flat file. I see this print as a junk filler between his good works to keep you followers throwing money at him. We ALL know he has, can and will do so much better. Keep up the good work, give up the lame.
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
99bottles
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 pm

i like the eye!! it fits with the obey image if nothing else

:hanging:
Codeblue wrote:Major luls, honestly.
Mystery MOD wrote:it might be difficult for you, but try not to be such a douche. seriously.
piratesprayer wrote:drymount you 99bottles! Your the drymounting douchebag! :heart: er
mondiablue
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 am

Would make a good dartboard. :twisted:
Allegedly.
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

mondiablue wrote:Would make a good dartboard. :twisted:
that's actually a good idea... but i wouldn't pay for it.. i'd just copy the eye onto a dart board.. it's what he basically did..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 pm

why 2 threads?
petenice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:43 pm

avail NOW
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:49 pm

love it in and out in less than 2 min :D
jsrep212
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:53 pm

It's a lot more Retro than most stuff out lately....
The Dude abides...
cardhawks
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:19 pm

jsrep212 wrote:It's a lot more Retro than most stuff out lately....
there's definitely a spot for this in the collection.....maybe not on the wall but will look good with the propaganda pieces in the portfolio :pint:
99bottles
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:33 pm

i did not get one :x
Codeblue wrote:Major luls, honestly.
Mystery MOD wrote:it might be difficult for you, but try not to be such a douche. seriously.
piratesprayer wrote:drymount you 99bottles! Your the drymounting douchebag! :heart: er
artsnob29
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:27 pm

heavyconsumer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Blackheart wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote::poo: :thumbdown:
what an ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why? It's only cool to big up prints you like but if you dislike it you should stay quiet? While I often adopt that approach myself unless I think someone's work is truly deplorable or outrageously priced, I think it's only right that members here post an honest response to the artwork in question. Otherwise it's all about the hype (as usual) and there's no true discussion of the art. While simply ":poo:" may be a tad underexpressive, I think it gets his message across! And personally I agree - How many eyes does the man need to release editions of and what's so special about this one? I think this is a weak-ass image that Obey might feel disappointed with as an artist if he's honest with himself. As for taking advantage of the Obeyphiles who'd buy anything with his signature on it, I can't say I blame him really. If people were only interested in his stronger work, at least half his images would still be in stock imho - most are space fillers for the 'folios of collectors - How many houses would you all need to hang all your Obey works anyway? Peace Elephant was great imo and I realy liked Israel Palestine, but other than those 2 releases it's been a LONG time since he's put anything I think is special out there. Why should we all pander to the Obeymanaiacle masses. They/you do enough of that yourselves.
automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 pm

New image Obey Eye 09 Fairey

Blackheart
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 pm

that has carpal tunnel written all over it!!
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
walfredo9
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm

heavyconsumer wrote:
Blackheart wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote::poo: :thumbdown:
what an ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why? It's only cool to big up prints you like but if you dislike it you should stay quiet? While I often adopt that approach myself unless I think someone's work is truly deplorable or outrageously priced, I think it's only right that members here post an honest response to the artwork in question. Otherwise it's all about the hype (as usual) and there's no true discussion of the art. While simply ":poo:" may be a tad underexpressive, I think it gets his message across! And personally I agree - How many eyes does the man need to release editions of and what's so special about this one? I think this is a weak-ass image that Obey might feel disappointed with as an artist if he's honest with himself. As for taking advantage of the Obeyphiles who'd buy anything with his signature on it, I can't say I blame him really. If people were only interested in his stronger work, at least half his images would still be in stock imho - most are space fillers for the 'folios of collectors - How many houses would you all need to hang all your Obey works anyway? Peace Elephant was great imo and I realy liked Israel Palestine, but other than those 2 releases it's been a LONG time since he's put anything I think is special out there. Why should we all pander to the Obeymanaiacle masses. They/you do enough of that yourselves.
Well Put :thumb: