posting "click through" pix to the forum?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 pm

I know I've seen instructions somewhere but haven't been able to find them after much effort.

I know how to add images. You can see these images but you can't click on them to reach the official EB image.

I noticed others have images with a click through to the EB image repository.
The language goes something like this:

[img]http%20stmt[/img]

How can I easily generate a click through image?
Sorry to be a bother - I know I can eventually work it out but finding the time is tough.
And, I'm being lazy.

There is an entry or page on this right? Or did I imagine that?

Thanks for any pointers!
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:40 pm

do you mean like this?
I just grabbed this one from the random art image to the left.
In the upper lefthand corner of all the art images (when viewing the art in on it's detail page) there is a little icon that takes you to the linking code page. use the one that says "forum".
or click the link to the left that says "Discuss Remotely" to get to the same page.

I'm feeling like i didnt explain this very clearly.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 pm

:idea:
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:53 pm

electrachrome wrote:
You explained it clear enough and I have a liter of rhone red in my belly - a true test of instructions.
You're a star! Thanks for the quick reply.

A bit cryptic, not sure I could have figured it out except by sheer stubborness or blind luck. As they say ... even a blind pig finds an acorn in the forest once in a while!
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:54 pm

:arrow:
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Dude, that image would be perfect for wiki user instructions.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 pm

Hah! The red arrow is great. Bomb proof for idiots or drunks.
Thanks so much for your time! :2thumb:
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:57 pm

wandering-gypsy wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
You explained it clear enough and I have a liter of rhone red in my belly - a true test of instructions.

A bit cryptic, not sure I could have figured it out except by sheer stubborness or blind luck. As they say ... even a blind pig finds an acorn in the forest once in a while!
cool...I think visually...not with words, so its dificult for me to explain things sometimes. it took me a while to figure it out myself....like two months...i'm tenacious.
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:58 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:Dude, that image would be perfect for wiki user instructions.
Agreed. You really are a star. It keeps getting better and better!

Probaby have loads of experience handholding managers, politicians, baby's, or juicers?
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:00 am

electrachrome wrote:
wandering-gypsy wrote:
electrachrome wrote:

cool...I think visually...not with words, so its dificult for me to explain things sometimes. it took me a while to figure it out myself....like two months...i'm tenacious.
You're more patient than I am - I gave up after hour #2.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:44 pm

bump....

clicking on the Discuss Remotely link in the Member Tools box brings you to the page with the linking code. saves you at least one click from having to open the image in light box and going for the link in the top corner......
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 am

electrachrome wrote:bump....

clicking on the Discuss Remotely link in the Member Tools box brings you to the page with the linking code. saves you at least one click from having to open the image in light box and going for the link in the top corner......
bump
morst
EB Team

Mon May 12, 2008 11:31 am

electrachrome wrote:do you mean like this?
In the upper lefthand corner of all the art images (when viewing the art in on it's detail page) there is a little icon that takes you to the linking code page. use the one that says "forum".
:shock: Holy Shnikes! Has that been there the whole time since we've had the lightbox style? HAHAHA I never noticed it before!!! :oops:

I always just use DISPLAY REMOTELY on the main listing, or in the image gallery if I want to use an image which is not the default one (like a framed one or a detail)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Seems like this could be a sticky in the framed area?

Please let me express my total ignorance. Whenever I add pictures, I use the add attachment mode and it always comes up with the extra frame stuff around the picture. In the new forum, the couple I've added now have their own little box with a "slider" on the side (i hate this feature).

I know this has been explained a million times already, but once more for the terminally ignorant...how the drymount do you get the pictures added...so that all you see is the picture in the posting?
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
itsdug
Art Expert

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 pm

if the pic already exists here, use the display remotely option to the left of the listing and then copy/paste into your reply
no comment ®